Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not convinced that there isn't a buy out in his contract.

BUT, even if there isn't, 180 is a nonsense when Dortmund would receive 40% of the 12 months later.

Also, not sure if this has been posted previously but Watze did an interview recently in the local press out there where he basically said that because of COVID losses, he would not rule any sale out. They will not risk losing 30/40 million euros by demanding 180.

Im not entirely sure of the legal status of buy outs - are they legally enforceable- they are in Spain (in theory) but not sure about the UK or Germany. Remember Suarez had a buyout clause with the Dippers which Arsenal triggered.... the Dippers simply ignored it and the FA didn’t respond- nor did Arsenal push it in the courts.... so even if there is a clause in the contract it may not be practically enforceable - a bit like Messi he’d have won his case with Barca last summer but, his contract would have long expired before he got the verdict - so the clause was made unenforceable by a dishonourable employer.

Yep, that Okdiario website stated:-

Once the agreement with the player is closed, Real Madrid will try to lower the transfer price requested by Borussia Dortmund: “It would cost around 150 million euros in total. Real Madrid is seeing how to pay for it. They have the best financial situation of all the teams in Europe, but they are doing the stadium at the same time and they are looking at how to finance it,

which means they have as much a clue as to how Madrid would finance it as me or you. Perhaps Brexit is to blame for the 'best financial situation of all the teams in Europe' line.

Why do people blindly believe random 'news' outlets?

It isn't about 'believing' news outlets, random or otherwise.

It is about not being completely blinkeredly bravado to dismiss everything that doesn't say what we want to read. And likewise not to read more into there is where we want to.

Some of the ruling out of Madrid as a possibility is laughable. As is pretending to be experts on their finances.

I totally believe that Madrid is a likelyhood for him. Not because i read it in that article. Just because they are Real Madrid. And who his agent is.

The articles and claims only suggest what others suggest for us, that there might be interest, and intent. Again, I don't need to read that to think that either.

By all means saying that article is shite, fair play. Adding that there is zero chance of him going to Madrid though, nope.

There are no guarantees, and just because there is a shared confidence here that he is coming to us doesn't mean we are the only player in this. Particularly once Dortmund and his Agent start instigating bidding and leaks to stoke that.

It is about not being completely blinkeredly bravado to dismiss everything that doesn't say what we want to read. And likewise not to read more into there is where we want to.

Some of the ruling out of Madrid as a possibility is laughable. As is pretending to be experts on their finances.

I totally believe that Madrid is a likelyhood for him. Not because i read it in that article. Just because they are Real Madrid. And who his agent is.

The articles and claims only suggest what others suggest for us, that there might be interest, and intent. Again, I don't need to read that to think that either.

By all means saying that article is shite, fair play. Adding that there is zero chance of him going to Madrid though, nope.

There are no guarantees, and just because there is a shared confidence here that he is coming to us doesn't mean we are the only player in this. Particularly once Dortmund and his Agent start instigating bidding and leaks to stoke that.
We can walk and chew gum at the same time. What you’re saying is literally the same as multiple reports in the last few weeks have said — that inside City, it is believed that our biggest competition is Madrid. On the other hand, that is exactly the scenario that makes literally anything coming out of the Madrid press unreliable. It has nothing to do with them “saying what we don’t want to hear” — quite the opposite. I would love, as a journalist, to know of one vehicle or one journalist from Madrid that I could trust when it comes to RM transfers, but years of following them show me that you can’t trust any. They are shameless to the point of posting contradictory info within 48 hours of a report — keep an eye on them and you’ll see what I mean. They get very confused trying to walk a line of appeasing potential sources at the club and telling fans what they want to hear. It’s PR, not journalism

They're on course to lose somewhere between 150-200m over this season and next if they miss champions league.
But as with most German clubs they are well run. If you look back over 5 years or so they run a massive transfer surplus and with Sancho + Haaland inevitably going at some point that will be another +£200m if they want it. They do not need the money - they would hold on to him just to prove a point and have him 1 more year. Madness maybe but it is one of the more likely outcomes.

In total agreement bud, I don't put much stock in any of them whether they're saying he's off to Madrid or to us. I've no doubt Madrid would get him if possible, I do believe that we are in a far better position however.

I am not convinced that there isn't a buy out in his contract.

BUT, even if there isn't, 180 is a nonsense when Dortmund would receive 40% of the 12 months later.

Also, not sure if this has been posted previously but Watze did an interview recently in the local press out there where he basically said that because of COVID losses, he would not rule any sale out. They will not risk losing 30/40 million euros by demanding 180.

If there is a set buy-out this season, (and I have seen nothing to suggest there is, while there have been claims that there isn't) I don't think that particularly helps us really. I would gonas far as saying it makes it more difficult.

It only helps if the player Only wants to come here and nowhere else. But if he is open to all offers, and his agent will be pishing him to, then it comes down to wage offers and incentives, and that is probably where we are (on previous form only) least likely to offer over the odds. Putting footballing reasoning aside, of course.

It also removes any possible advantage of waiving the Sancho sell-on suggested.
I think there is more of an advantage to being able to agree a fee Dortmund would accept, including their gain on the sancho deal which goes down as no loss to us.

The only possible advantage if there were a release clayse might be the payment structure, if we are able to pay it all upfront, and others aren't. But i think it is naive to thing the big clubs can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.