Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our record says we won’t pay whatever, if there is a bidding war we’re moving onto the next target
This particular transfer is unlike any other in our record except maybe when we offered 130M for Mbappe and he decided for PSG (not a financial decision). Comparing the Haaland saga to the Koulibaly, Jorginho, Alves sagas is just silly. We’re talking about a different kind of generational talent and the approach won’t be the same

Probably not a crazy assumption. Roman pays silly compensation rates to clubs to take their managers, then pays those managers crazy compensation when he sacks them. He pays what it takes to land players he wants, if they can be convinced to come.
This is true, but you have to hope Alfie has a big influence and it's not just about money. One thing that we do hear a lot is that it's all about what's best for Erling's development. They chose Salzburg when he could have gone to Juve because he was going to play and good for his development.

They chose Dortmund instead of United as well. He may have very well been a starter at United, but perhaps not convinced of the project. What we hear is he wants to play in he CL. I think that was why he went to Dortmund. Although they're not doing well this year, if you said at the beginning of the season who would make top 4 in Germany, Bayern and Dortmund would be on almost everyone's list. So they probably thought he was a shoe in to play CL while there even though it's not panning out that way so far.

No blue tinted specs, but of all the PL clubs, we're the only one who consistently make the CL year after year. The PL is unpredictable. Most people thought Liverpool was a shoe in for CL and look at them. United and Chelsea have been ebbing in and out of 4th place and it's not a guarantee they will get CL year upon year. With Chelsea what you bring up with the managers may actually be a negative. Roman isn't known for patience with managers. Alfie may be looking at that and think that might not be the best option for Erling as well if there is inconsistency in different managers and hurting his all around game.

However, I'm not saying he's ours because I think there are a lot of things that need to fall in place.

Last edited:
I
This is true, but you have to hope Alfie has a big influence and it's not just about money. One that that we do hear a lot is that it's all about what's best for Erling's development. They chose Salzburg when he could have gone to Juve because he was going to play and good for his development.

They chose Dortmund instead of United as well. He may have very well been a starter at United, but perhaps not convinced of the project. What we hear is he wants to play in he CL. I think that was why he went to Dortmund. Although they're not doing well this year, if you said at the beginning of the season who would make top 4 in Germany, Bayern and Dortmund would be on almost everyone's list. So they probably thought he was a shoe in to play CL while there even though it's not panning out that way so far.

No blue tinted specs, but of all the PL clubs, we're the only one who consistently make the CL year after year. The PL is unpredictable. Most people thought Liverpool was a shoe in for CL and look at them. United and Chelsea have been ebbing in and out of 4th place and it's not a guarantee they will get CL year upon year. With Chelsea what you bring up with the managers may actually be a negative. Roman isn't known for patience with managers. Alfie may be looking at that and think that might not be the best option for Erling as well if there is inconsistency in different managers and hurting his all around game.

However, I'm not saying he's ours because I think there are a lot of things that need to fall in place.
If we dont resign aguero I think thats a clear intent for halaand that we are intersted in him (he said he wants to go where he is wanted) but halaand would start for chelsea if they went for him. Thats why I think its important to not resign aguero and go all out for halaand.

I

If we dont resign aguero I think thats a clear intent for halaand that we are intersted in him (he said he wants to go where he is wanted) but halaand would start for chelsea if they went for him. Thats why I think its important to not resign aguero and go all out for halaand.
For sure, but like I said he could have gone to United and started too. He would also probably have been paid good as well. So you have to hope Alfie is factoring in everything and not just playing time and wages.

Our record says we won’t pay whatever, if there is a bidding war we’re moving onto the next target
Our record is paying what this club values a player, if the asking price goes north of that we walk away.

Although we do push the boat out for the exceptional players and Little Alf in my opinion is something very special.

If we have identified him as the right fit and the 'one' I think the club will get their man and it's the perfect time to be a club with cash in a time of financial crisis for the vast majority of clubs.

Read a while back that if Haaland goes tits up , City's alternative is Joao Felix.

At least we have proper alternative now if something goes wrong.

He won't be any cheaper than Haaland. Probably cost more tbf (longer contract and more stubborn club). So if it does somehow go that way, won't be beacuse of money.

This particular transfer is unlike any other in our record except maybe when we offered 130M for Mbappe and he decided for PSG (not a financial decision). Comparing the Haaland saga to the Koulibaly, Jorginho, Alves sagas is just silly. We’re talking about a different kind of generational talent and the approach won’t be the same

Where is the 130m offer for Mbappe coming from?

I read that he said he turned down City, not Pep. But that wasn't the summer he moved to PSG, it was before his 'breakthrough'. He was nowhere near 130m then.

I don't ever recall us being truly linked the summer he moved to PSG. Nor do i believe we would have offered 130m. Happy to be proved wrong though.

We’re by far and away the most sensible move for him and I’m confident he knows that and his family do too. He’s 20 years old and scoring at a rate Messi and Ronaldo weren’t doing at the same age. Foden and Haaland could dominate world football together for a decade. I reckon there’s a very good chance they’ll end up being the two best players of their generation. If we get this deal done we’re in for one hell of a ride. This could be the start of one of the greatest dynasty’s football has ever seen. I hope you’re all ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.