Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s clearly interested in Barca - and why wouldn’t he be - but the idea any deal will be agreed imminently off the back of this meeting seems fanciful.

Raiola might be a fat c*nt, but he’s an expert negotiator. This meeting being leaked serves him and his client as well as it does Laporta.

Its good for any interested parties (City included) to know they’re serious about an offer from Barca, even if he doesn’t end up going there.

I see this as a clear and obvious negotiation strategy, rather than any indication he’s about to sign with Barca.

How come City haven’t already invited them for talks? Need to get things done quickly before anyone else has the chance.

Whatever their financial position Barca always manage to find the money somehow. We should have had some kind of agreement boxed off before other clubs got their dirty hands on him.
I think his Dad has met with us recently. We can’t stop any other clubs talking to him.

This meeting is very public.

If I was Dortmund I would be unhappy
If I was City I would be unhappy
I’m hoping we’ve spoken to him and he has made his demands and intentions clear
and therefore doesn't play the field
Ultimately though the player will decide where he wants to go
It also always irritates me when people say why haven’t we signed X Y Z
Perhaps we have asked tried and been rebuffed
If he isn’t interested I’m guessing would would know though

I would be much more pissed off if I was Dortmund btw. We, not as much, the only unexpected is the timing, but he'd always would have entertained other clubs' offers.

But Dortmund, they would be pretty angry. Even assuming they gave permission to speak to representatives, dount they'd expect it so public at this point, huge hugendistraction for them, when they least need it.

This is the circus we can expect with Raiola involved. As a fan it's annoying to see but it's a good negotiation tactic. Chelsea will also get brought up soon I'm sure. It's all about creating an auction, or at least the illusion of one, to drive up the offers.

I stick by my earlier thinking that Haaland will go where the money is best. If he was motivated by sporting project
alone then I don't see why Raiola would be involved, he's notorious as a hard negotiator with a high public profile. There's nothing wrong with that, it's a businedd. If City want him we'll have to pay up.

Not been confident we’d get this done since our interest became apparent. Still not.
Too many big clubs interested and just cannot see us stumping up what Dortmund, Haaland, his dad and his fat **** of an agent want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.