Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same to you. I am a Mbappe fan but don't have a complete bias towards the player and don't see him as a guarantee success either.
That can be said of any player in the world when moving clubs. Mangala was over hyped before he came and look how that turned out. People were saying Diaz was 3rd choice. Every transfer is a risk

Assuming he signs for us, he'll be one of those players that's going to frustrating to the extreme when he doesn't score.

The upside is he tends to score quite frequently.

I think the only fear with a player like Haaland is laziness, but I have no reason to believe he wouldn't work hard in whatever capacity he's deployed in at City.

Well put. It seems to me that what he's not so great at is coachable for a 20 year old (look at Raheem's progress under Pep), and what's he's good at isn't. That is, natural goalscoring, physical dominance.

He would be fine when he scores but disgusting when he doesn’t score. Dortmund had 71% possession but he only had 16 touches, he doesn’t get involved in the play because he is poor on the ball, even worse than Lukaku we all laugh at. His performance was not that bad today compared to his other performances but the difference is today he didn’t get the goal that would make people start calling him “generational” or “best striker”
If he has nothing to offer off the ball, or in general play apart from scoring, or more to the point, we didn’t think he had the potential to add those things to his game we wouldn’t be interested.
If as seems likely we are very interested then those things are nothing for us to worry about.

I know a BvB fan and they are not big supporters of outside investment, which of course indicts more than just City. German football is more pure and grassroots in their eyes. They consider us the anti-thesis to that.

Edit: this is also why many people in Germany do not like RB Leipzig or to less an extent Hoffenheim as their progression up the ranks was not "natural".
German football really likes to sit on their moral high horse pretending their shit doesn’t stink when it comes to money but suddenly get amnesia when it comes to Bayern running the league as their own pet project. For that reason alone I hope Hoffenheim and RB Leipizg do well just to see all these hypocrites tumble over each other foaming at the mouth.
Back to our regular programming, love to see Haaland if viable and player wants to come. Then again Txiki and co managed to surprise us as well with Dias when everyone thought we were buying Koulibally

We already have players that can pass all day but what we don’t have is someone that can take the chances and score for fun .
I suspect that if all the rumours are truth and Pep wants him then what he has in mind involves the young man changing his game (as all our players have to). There is also a strong possibility that Pep with his genius adaptable tactics and formation will tweet the rest of the team accordingly in order to maximum everyones (including Haaland’s) strengths.

Erling will realise that coming here involves adaption that he must buy into and thrive on in order to be a success and become a better (world class) player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.