Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can't sign the son of our former captain that grew up following this club in the one position we actually need to strengthen then I think we can all lose hope that this club could ever manage to sign a superstar.
I don't recall he has made himself available to us or shown any inkling of wanting to join. I also don't see the point of constantly bringing up the fact he has some tenuous connection to the club as some divine sign to sign him. It is nothing but another feel good story, a conversation starter or a news filler that has honestly zero relevance on what kind of results we produce on the field.

I don't recall he has made himself available to us or shown any inkling of wanting to join. I also don't see the point of constantly bringing up the fact he has some tenuous connection to the club as some divine sign to sign him. It is nothing but another feel good story, a conversation starter or a news filler that has honestly zero relevance on what kind of results we produce on the field.

Do most players come out and explicitly state they want to join club X? Why would Haaland ever do such a thing when there's essentially a bidding war for him?

And yes, the indications are that he'd be open to moving to us. Things like calling our stadium 'beautiful' while a camera is being pointed at him just follows a line of hints that he has an affinity to the club. It's not that it's a feel good story, it's that it gives us some sort of edge in the race to sign him. Maybe it isn't enough of an edge but we have alot in our favour and that surely helps.

Undoubtedly folk will bemoan me saying this but I hold out no hope that we'll ever 'win' a bidding war type transfer that this kind of deal will obviously be

download.jpeg-1.jpg
EROoonpWoAAA1Ej.jpg
EddcKJjXkAAI9y_.png

Bit more of a tenuous connection mate

Doesn't this just absolutely scream "City try to play the long patient game relying on Haalands fandom of the club and then lose the transfer to a team who made an offer, paid the money and got him to sign ASAP"?
We'll agree a deal for him to sign, feel "very confident", Mino will shop the offer, and we'll walk away when someone pays up. We have a demonstrated track record at this point of not being willing to pay market wages for top top end players and until one actually happens I'm not getting my hopes up for deals like this.

Unfortunately we won't break our wage structure. Part of me is happy about that, you have to earn that honour, like kdb, etc. The other half of me thinks nobody would stop this team if we had world class striker and there is a shortage of them around currently. Who knows, delap has a similar style, maybe, just maybe he could if given the chance.

United, huh? Doubt it. It'll be Madrid PSG and us.

Sentimentality is nice but it's NOT going to get us over the line. We'll have to be serious about this. We often pursue players and the minute they show us they are maybe looking at other clubs we drop out, as if we're insulted that they wouldn't walk through fire to join us.

Can't do that with haaland. Have to work very hard to make sure our offer is the best offer.

Yes, If United gets Haaland, then it will mark the beginning of the end of City's dominance over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.