Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive always felt its got real madrid written all over it.
we just arent at that level of attracting players when the likes of real cone sniffing im afraid

Guillem Balagué, on BBC's Euroleague show last week, suggested that Barca had more chance than RM? He said Raiola had a poor relationship with Perez but a very good one with Laporte. He said Haaland thought his lines of running might be restricted by Mbappe and Barca were putting huge additional loans in place. Raiola has been promised several of his young players could be signed by Barca. Balagué said Haaland was keener to join a Spanish club and Barca was a very attractive destination.

Didn’t everyone think Rodney Marsh was amazing before he came?…. Just saying. People often think the grass is greener. Why waste the time and money on something that clearly isn’t broken?
its not broken at city far from it. however next year the opposition will improve,or you would think they would, so we wont mend anything but try and improve on what we have, if any team stands still then they are in reality going backwards, we are doing really well(understatement) with the false 9, however pep likes to change things in games and matches and having someone as good as haaland to call on is another weapon in the arenal so to speak

Didn’t everyone think Rodney Marsh was amazing before he came?…. Just saying. People often think the grass is greener. Why waste the time and money on something that clearly isn’t broken?

With two spare squad spaces, zero strikers on the books, and no real 'finishers' as such, I don't think it is unreasonable for the club to target a top striker as an addition to the squad.

With two spare squad spaces, zero strikers on the books, and no real 'finishers' as such, I don't think it is unreasonable for the club to target a top striker as an addition to the squad.
I dont think it’s unreasonable either. I’m just a little worried that the biggest name striker currently on the planet and his and his entourages wage demands could potentially upset the apple cart but who knows.

I dont think it’s unreasonable either. I’m just a little worried that the biggest name striker currently on the planet and his and his entourages wage demands could potentially upset the apple cart but who knows.
You're not wrong in thinking that, loads of players in our squad might start looking at it different if Haaland comes in as the highest wage earner. If it's really his decision, and a footballing one, I can't see why we won't be the preference. But if it's a decision influenced by Raiola and Alfie, then Madrid makes more sense, guaranteed big wages, easier league to settle in, easier league to stay out of spotlight and perform because regardless of form Madrid are likely to walk the league.

I'd want us to be smart in deciding, because the likes of Vlahovic and Isak are available, maybe not the same level or natural skillset, but nothing Pep can't work with and improve. No wage drama, no agent drama with them either. It's the only reason which makes me believe (indirectly) we've admitted defeat on Haaland, and are just going along with it for the sake of, just so Madrid are squeezed into paying a lot more given supposed competition.

Big H is not an old-fasioned striker in say, the traditional style. Big man in the box, wingers floating balls into the area. I have not spotted a weakness in his game, If there is such a thing he is a natural finisher, rapid, excellent ball skills, and seems a team player . In no conceivable way can he be likened to Marsh. When Marsh signed i looked forward to his crowd-pleasing skills, and he had plenty, but they seemed to get in the way too often. The final against Wolves when he ignored an easy pass to attempt a worldie sticks in my mind. More showbiz than graft. Therefore i am probably more sceptical than some whenever we are linked to "superstars", but in situation, i believe EH would be a genuine asset to City. All the speculation, the guessing, the if buts and maybe's generate lots of posts, but, that's all. I know we will be fine either way. (Just as long as he stays away from the dark side, there is a limit to being laid back)......

Will the ground closures in parts of Europe help City to sign Haaland? Puts the German and French clubs under financial pressure.

Will the ground closures in parts of Europe help City to sign Haaland? Puts the German and French clubs under financial pressure.
Unlikely. Dortmund are a well-run club, they’ve enough cash (thanks Jason Sancho) to not have to worry about short term matchday revenue losses.

The only way he moves in January would be sudden and intense pressure from the Haaland camp because there’s not much left for BVB to play for in 2022.

Raiola doesn’t seem to be heading that way and Watzke has said he’s staying in winter, so summer move it is, wherever that may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.