Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Delap could prove better for our team play than Haaland could.

My thinking is that we’re pretty damn good without a striker and big strikers, like both Haarland and Delap, are not the most effective doing the tippy tippy stuff around the box against low blocks.
They are very effective in more open games and it is, of course, useful to have a player that can change your dynamic drastically at times.
This has me thinking that, yes, a big striker would be good to have in the squad but that it would need to be a player who was happy to be rotated.
I don’t think Haaland would like being rotated and I don’t think you can afford to rest a player that would cost as much as him.
On the other hand, Delap is home grown / no big outlay and more likely to accept not starting every game . . at least for a few years anyhow.

Added to the above, Haaland’s salary demands could wreck the wage structure and cause all kinds of untied style dressing room discord.
Delap’s salary demands would not eff up the wage structure and we know he’d fit in as a character because he already trains with the first team

Another Delap advantage is that his agent isn’t Raiola.

Having said all that, if City do get Haaland then they get him for a reason and the club knows far better than I do.
It's hard to know if he'll fit tge system or if the system will change to accommodate him. We'll soon know.

In all honesty, I'm probably caring less about this deal. We've shown how good we are without him and the performances of Alvarez look really promising.

We shouldn't have to convince the son of our former captain to join the best team in the world under the best manager.

I’m not sure how accurate their stats are without spending time researching it but a cursory glance at flash score shows he’s missed 14 games for Dortmund this season through injury. That’s cause for concern.

Are we seriously talking about delap being better for us than haaland? A generational talent who already has broken bundesliga and champions League records?

Is this based on delaps combined 48 minutes of premier League football or his 5 minutes in the champions League?

Some serious blue tinted bias going on in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.