Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t we usually hear from the City press mouthpieces when we pull out from a player race?

The post from start to finish is full of things that are… incorrect (being nice here for the people who don’t like me)
Haaland’s “mentality and discipline” is precisely the kind Pep likes in his career. How is he any different from Lewandowski? He’s far less egocentric than Messi (and even other players in our current squad…). Saying Pep didn’t want Ronaldo and Messi himself… really, he knows that? Because we have other informations. Then the poster says Messi is one of the reasons he wanted to leave Barcelona — LOL, I refuse to even comment on this. No player (even Messi… let alone Haaland) would be bigger than him at our club today. But I participated in a talk last September (if I’m not mistaken) that Pep joined as a speaker for a Brazilian investment company, to talk about how he manages groups of people, and he said he likes big egos because he’s learned to take the best in those situations. A LOT of our players have BIG egos. The opinion some people have about what kind of personality Haaland must have is based on a single thing: having Raiola as an agent. That clearly triggers a number of prejudices in their heads. Also, it’s obviously not true that Haaland would be making five times more money than the rest of the players in his first year — like, this isn’t even REMOTELY true AT ALL lol. Ultimately we all have to accept that cliches and reductionisms are part of how celebrities are viewed, no matter how bizarrely false the assumptions are
Great post

There is a pattern weh we go for a big player that posters who are usally very quiet (or completely invisible/unknown) start to pop up and tell us why we shouldnt go for player x or y.......it only happens with the really high profile players....
I would question some of these people's motivation....There maybe long term posters who have genuine concerns (and thats fine even though others like me may disagree) but its the ones that suddenly appear out of nowghere that Id be very cautious about .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.