ESPN commentators

Blue Tooth said:
baylorblue said:
The reason why he said that is because his own career was cut short due to multiple concussions.

Commentary career looks to be going the same way, and I can only conclude, for the same reason.

again, please let it be so...he does every game for my local team. My brother is buddies with members of the team and they don't like him.

My favourite Sports commentator of all is American.

John Madden, an American Football commentator, who has now retired, was the most knowledgable of any.

He coached the Oakland Raiders for ten seasons and won the Superbowl in 1977.

Sorry Americans, people on this forum can be so stupid. I wonder what you guys think of our American football coverage.

Vienna_70 said:

John Madden, an American Football commentator, who has now retired, was the most knowledgable of any.

God...I hated Madden, lol...he was good at stating the obvious, and fellating Brett Farve (who may be an Eagle soon, which pisses me off). That's about it.

zangatangring said:
Sorry Americans, people on this forum can be so stupid. I wonder what you guys think of our American football coverage.

kissass... no really why do they use different terminology ?? if the Yanks really want to embrace the sport then youd think they would introduce the correct meanings for this game..
What happens if someone from the states comes to England/Brittain and watches a game on telly ?? they wont understand the commentators.

Our Abbrieviation is MCFC Manchester City Football Club..
Not MCSC Manchester City Soccer Club..
FIFA is "Federation International de Football Association"
UEFA is "Union of European Football assciations"

The world Bodies Of which the USA are members and European Bodies are using the word "Football"..

Just saying like...

supermicahrichards said:
Vienna_70 said:

God...I hated Madden, lol...he was good at stating the obvious, and fellating Brett Farve (who may be an Eagle soon, which pisses me off). That's about it.

Is Favre considering coming out of retirement...
...again?

zangatangring said:
It's funny to me at times as the terminology isn't always correct, but it's not something I either care about or get worked up about.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:18 pm --<br /><br />
MCFC BOB said:
eggbert said:
Joffinov said:
The commentary I had described De Jong as "one of the least favourite City players, according to the fans".

i heard that... what the fuck?? i also heard "city will be playing their eternal rivals in the community shield" which made me laugh and something about a goal being described as "the ball almost crossed the almighty divide"..... one a again what the fuck??? haha
That made me piss my sides when he said that.

'THE BALL HAS CROSSED THE ALMIGHTY DIVIDE!'
I think he was just trying to be clever. No sillier than terms like "onion bag." ;)

Vienna_70 said:
supermicahrichards said:
Vienna_70 said:

...again?

Rumors are he's coming to Philly to be Vick's backup. :(<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:23 pm --<br /><br />
Vienna_70 said:
supermicahrichards said:
Vienna_70 said:

...again?

Rumors are he's coming to Philly to be Vick's backup. :(

taconinja said:
zangatangring said:
It's funny to me at times as the terminology isn't always correct, but it's not something I either care about or get worked up about.

This. ;).<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:40 pm --<br /><br />
samharris said:
zangatangring said:

kissass... no really why do they use different terminology ?? if the Yanks really want to embrace the sport then youd think they would introduce the correct meanings for this game..
What happens if someone from the states comes to England/Brittain and watches a game on telly ?? they wont understand the commentators.

Not MCSC Manchester City Soccer Club..
FIFA is "Federation International de Football Association"
Our Abbrieviation is MCFC Manchester City Football Club..
UEFA is "Union of European Football assciations"

The world Bodies Of which the USA are members and European Bodies are using the word "Football"..

Just saying like...

lol good 'un mate ;).

There's no such thing as 'correct' terminology. It's all subjective. America has a different culture so how do you expect them to conform to our terminology when the audience is primarily american?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.