Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

or why didn't they show close-ups of the so called empty seats from Wednesday...because you'd find it extremely hard to do so.

Where is the City Ticket office in all this. They contributed hugely to this with that 38k attendance statistic that I am sure is wrong

The normal trick is to show the empty away end, or use one just after half time when the corporate wankers haven’t gone back to their seats.

Failing that use a picture from a completely different game when they players aren’t on the pitch.

The thing is it would most likely of been a near sell out anyway today , but the media will most probably now say that pg's statement got the right response he wanted.
Think pg should of gone for the people who decided we would play on a saturday ,while utd & chelsea don't play til sunday ? Regardless of being on tv they have had more time to recuperate for their next game than us & the dippers !
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with playing Wednesday-Saturday. All clubs will have that at various times in the season. More than a enough time to recuperate and prepare. And then we get an extra day before the game with Chelsea next week than they do.

I'm not sure it's constructive for us to be overly critical of OSCs whilst we're at it. I'm not part of one but I'm sure they have plenty of perks, let's not let generalise because of one poster's antics.

Kevin Parker has responded on Twitter (click to see the whole thread). All seems reasonable enough.

As you said on Twitter, whatever was said, by whom and whatever the REAL intentions behind those comments, it's been nothing but an enormous own goal from a PR standpoint.

Kevin Parker has responded on Twitter (click to see the whole thread). All seems reasonable enough.

It might help if he (and all of our fanbase who’ve completely overreacted to this) actually listened to Pep’s words.

Pep simply asked us to get behind them today because they’re going to be tired.

He never once mentioned attendance or atmosphere. Where that incorrect notion that Pep has criticised us has come from is a mystery. Which fan was the person who first set that narrative? Because it’s nothing like what Pep said.

So Parker coming out and saying “Pep should stick to coaching” just comes across like a fan representing a fanbase incapable of listening properly.

WE are the ones who’ve blown this argument out across the media. Not Pep.

My take on Pep’s comment was that he meant the fans being more vocal, rather than it being a dig about the attendance. This seems to be borne out by his latest comments on the subject but accept it is just my opinion.

We were there on Wednesday in our regular seats and at one point, the atmosphere was a bit flat. It’s not uncommon at games when the singing fizzles out.

It’s a bigger problem at cup games - no matter which competition it is and I put that down to the change in fans.

Whilst there are a few of the season card fans sat around us at the cup games, many of the regulars don’t attend. That means we have fans that have either relocated seats or have just come for that game, many with kids.

They don’t sing and when we do, we’re re looked at as though we’re some sort of curiosity. Maybe they’re not comfortable singing along with a bunch of strangers or they don’t know the words to some of the chants.

Whatever the reason, that’s my experience of these games and it seems to be the same every season. If that scenario is replicated around the ground in each stand then it will have an impact on the atmosphere.

Agree he knows how good Southampton are and they’ve had a weeks rest he was in around about why come and make some noise the players need it!

No, it's an honest question.

We all claim to be supporters, 100% behind the club, dyed in the wool Blues, happy clappers, moaners, fight to the end fans, season card holders, Cityzens, etc, but how many are actually members of the OSC?

Shouldn't OSC membership be a minimum expectation for all if us? It's the only officially recognised club for City fans. It's something that fans used to join at the first opportunity when I was a lad.

It's genuinely being a PART OF THE CLUB. An opportunity to actually contribute towards the club, share views and experiences face to face with fellow members and create a positive environment in which to spread the word.

If you're a true Blue, you should be in the OSC.
Errrrr, no

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.