Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Weird atmosphere from an outsider's (colin Bell Upper) point of view last night. Both singing ends were up for it from the start but constantly sung two different songs at the same time. As is always the case, this stopped the songs spreading around the ground. This "spread", which is what creates real atmosphere, never really happened all game apart from once or twice because of the high number of tourists and kids and also because it becomes a self-prepetuating thing: if it doesn't happen a few times the occasional singers kind of give up.

What are your thoughts on 1894s display pre-match yesterday?

thought it was really good. Only saw it after the game as I was in ss3. Are you planning on doing different displays going forward or re using the same displays?

suprised you’ve not done a Colin bell one for example.

I thought the atmosphere was really flat to be honest. From where I was sat both singing sections were singing different songs most of the time. Thought it was pretty good just after they scored.

the rest of the ground might as well not be there in terms of atmosphere. The kippax corner has improved so much though and getting back to its best

Last edited:
Weird atmosphere from an outsider's (colin Bell Upper) point of view last night. Both singing ends were up for it from the start but constantly sung two different songs at the same time. As is always the case, this stopped the songs spreading around the ground. This "spread", which is what creates real atmosphere, never really happened all game apart from once or twice because of the high number of tourists and kids and also because it becomes a self-prepetuating thing: if it doesn't happen a few times the occasional singers kind of give up.
As someone in block 115, it's really weird. You can often see the kippax corner singing, but you can't hear it (especially so when the away fans are noisy, which I wouldn't say was the case yesterday).

So unless both sections are actively looking at each other, it's very hard to sing the same song or to sing in sync with each other.

thought it was really good. Only saw it after the game as I was in ss3. Are you planning on doing different displays going forward or re using the same displays?

suprised you’ve not done a Colin bell one for example.

I thought the atmosphere was really flat to be honest. From where I was sat both singing sections were singing different songs most of the time. Thought it was pretty good just after they scored.

the rest of the ground might as well not be there in terms of atmosphere.
We're limited in what we do by cost. We made a decision to re-use a lot of the displays because we invested so much money originally (that display originally would have cost thousands, so using it twice is worthwhile).

We'd love to do some new displays, but we either need to raise funds from donations to pay a manufacturer, or we need volunteers to help us paint something (which has always been a nightmare organising - people say they will help then don't turn up, and it ends up being the same 4 or 5 lads spending countless hours on it -hard work when you have jobs and other commitments).

I agree about the rest of the ground with the atmosphere. I've sat in CBL3 a couple of times this season and you get weird looks for singing/booing/whistling.

BT didn't attempt to show it or refer to it.

Whilst the display was going on, the cameras instead pointed to the empty lower section in the Bruges end, without even referencing that either.

Bizarre, to stay the least.
Ye I wondered why only 1 section of the ground was blue and wasn't till later on I seen it on Twitter.

Pathetic. Quick enough to give us a rendition of YNWA

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.