Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

having the away fans stuck inbetween our 2 main singing sections of the ground kills our atmosphere and potential for the exact reason mentioned above .. both sing different songs at the same time

surely it makes sense to put away fans elsewhere and let them seats be available to fans who want to sing and get involved

We could then potentially have from the corner of 109 all the way across to the other corner of the south stand as a big singing section . Would certainly improve the atmosphere

does anybody know why this hasn’t been done ? Seems glaringly obvious

As someone in block 115, it's really weird. You can often see the kippax corner singing, but you can't hear it (especially so when the away fans are noisy, which I wouldn't say was the case yesterday).

So unless both sections are actively looking at each other, it's very hard to sing the same song or to sing in sync with each other.
I bang on about this regularly. It's a bigger problem than people think. Human psychology is such that nobody wants to lok a dick and be the only one singing in their block or stand. If a song is loud enough, there are loads who will join in to the songs which don't involve clapping. But because there are about 1000 singers in each singing section, it doesn't get loud enough to spread unless both are singing at once and it spreads both ways around the ground at once before the song is over.

I got laughed at on here once but some sort of acoustic/sound reflective solution which allows songs to be heard in both singing sections when one starts would have a bigger effect than people think.

having the away fans stuck inbetween our 2 main singing sections of the ground kills our atmosphere and potential for the exact reason mentioned above .. both sing different songs at the same time

surely it makes sense to put away fans elsewhere and let them seats be available to fans who want to sing and get involved

We could then potentially have from the corner of 109 all the way across to the other corner of the south stand as a big singing section . Would certainly improve the atmosphere

away fans have to be on the lower tier for domestic games by a rule of either the fa or prem. the clubs not going to sacrifice the more expensive season ticket areas for £30 away tickets. in europe they dont use the upper sections like they did with bayern down to it using too many entrances etc outside.

It can't be moved as it's the best place for away fans to move Quickly to a Coach and other things and much easier to police I guess the only way we can have an improvement is making the North stand in to a singing section and rebuilding it so it's one big stand like the Kop or the one at Spurs for example

display looked really good from videos and pictures posted i sit in lower tier and involed so was disappoint to find out bt didnt show it but not suprised as suits media agenda of empty seat no fans present

in future if need lift setting up please ask
also away fans between sing sections will happen wherever aways fans are due to people wanting to banter them

It can't be moved as it's the best place for away fans to move Quickly to a Coach and other things and much easier to police I guess the only way we can have an improvement is making the North stand in to a singing section and rebuilding it so it's one big stand like the Kop or the one at Spurs for example
Too much expense and too many relocations involved. People don't like to move.

The chance was missed when the South Stand was extended. That new top tier should have been sold as the atmosphere area and incentives offered to relocators from the existing singing areas. Better acoustics up there too.

The away fans being where they are isn't the whole problem. It's the isolated and too-small singing areas which are. They need bringing to gether. It could still be done.

Too much expense and too many relocations involved. People don't like to move.

The chance was missed when the South Stand was extended. That new top tier should have been sold as the atmosphere area and incentives offered to relocators from the existing singing areas. Better acoustics up there too.

The away fans being where they are isn't the whole problem. It's the isolated and too-small singing areas which are. They need bringing to gether. It could still be done.
they shouldnt of sold season tickets up there, just match day then if not full caneras dont show

That has always been the case though ever since ground went all seater. It was the same between kippax AA/BB lower and the blocks in the North Stand (R/P/etc) For whatever reason some of our most vocal fans will always migrate either sides of the away fans for the ‘bants’ and never have we had a stand of singers like at other grounds.

Prior to the family stand being created I cannot think or remember a reason the north stand end could not have become a singing end but everyone migrated next to the away fans.

We're limited in what we do by cost. We made a decision to re-use a lot of the displays because we invested so much money originally (that display originally would have cost thousands, so using it twice is worthwhile).

We'd love to do some new displays, but we either need to raise funds from donations to pay a manufacturer, or we need volunteers to help us paint something (which has always been a nightmare organising - people say they will help then don't turn up, and it ends up being the same 4 or 5 lads spending countless hours on it -hard work when you have jobs and other commitments).

I agree about the rest of the ground with the atmosphere. I've sat in CBL3 a couple of times this season and you get weird looks for singing/booing/whistling.

fair enough mate. I know / it does sound expensive. Noticed you hadn’t done a fundraiser in a while. I’m sure plenty of people, including myself would donate.

trying to think of ways you could make displays without huge costs.. hand painted banners as you say? Cheap balloons?

keep going with it, as without the 1894 group it would be dead in the south stand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.