Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

But what pisses me off is fans moaning about no singing or atmosphere & then when there is singing moaning it's the wrong songs the Dezko/burn your club songs immediately spring to mind ...how about investing in learning the words to Dezko (a song celebrating winning the title a few years ago), you thought you'd won the league at Sunderland, my father said to me etc instead of hoping someone who is trying to get the atmosphere going will sing bluemoon, CTID or the timeless classic City City City.

Don't knock the 5-10% of fans trying to get it going.

I'm fully aware it's difficult in certain parts of the ground to be even vocal but if your desperate to join in relocate. CB3/ES3 are never going to be full of the sort of people who are going to burst into song.
It's the equivalent of posting "new song for X player" on a forum. I'm afraid the only way you make new songs is by getting to the pub at home games, and getting in the terraces, pubs and coaches at away games, teaching 5 or 10 gobby mates who don't mind making a tit out of themselves the words, and signing it non-stop for an hour. Telling the 1894 group that they should song blue moon more is going to do fuck all. If you want to hear that song more often by a ticket in the south stand and start it.

But what pisses me off is fans moaning about no singing or atmosphere & then when there is singing moaning it's the wrong songs the Dezko/burn your club songs immediately spring to mind ...how about investing in learning the words to Dezko (a song celebrating winning the title a few years ago), you thought you'd won the league at Sunderland, my father said to me etc instead of hoping someone who is trying to get the atmosphere going will sing bluemoon, CTID or the timeless classic City City City.

Don't knock the 5-10% of fans trying to get it going.

why would that piss you off?

I think its a valid point. The south stand is the main area that gets the crowd singing. The choice of song has a big impact on that.

we went 1-0 up the other night and started singing about empty seats. I like that song and did join in - most of the ground didn’t. When we sing blue moon or were not really here more people join in. Instead of just 10% of the ground singing we should be trying to get others joining in at times

I would like the classic city songs sung more as they are dying out. Surely it would be a good thing if we add more songs. Let’s sing about Dzeko, aguero and the classics

I’d move to a North Stand singing section first chance I could. I’ve got no interest in being near the away fans and the small singing section we’ve always had has never seemed worth being part of as theres nothing special about it, it’s simply too small and in the wrong place.

We might not be famous anymore in [what was] the Kippax, but SSL1 has never and will never be famous.

That’s no offence intended to the people in there, it’s about the structure itself; a little effort of an area set aside in the bottom tier of a stand.

Its a real shame the bottom tier, all around the ground, is not bigger than it is. The more the number of tiers the more detached and fragmented the ground become. Juventus is a great example of a modern built ground which is designed to aid atmosphere.

Anyway lets hope the North Stand singing section gets a chance and if so, the actual singers move there.

According to.....

AD54-D795-C706-4758-AE4-B-56700655522-E.jpg

United’s singing section was very good yesterday.

The fact that United’s singing section is higher up in the corner of the stand, directly under the roof, is bigger than our official singing section In 115, and contains United fans who want to sing and do sing, as opposed to City fans in 115 who sing , sing every now and again, or don’t sing at all. In all honesty 115 is not a singing section as such. The club designated it as one, even though it has always been a mixture of singers and non singers, just like 114, 116, 111, 110, and 109.

Last edited:
According to.....

AD54-D795-C706-4758-AE4-B-56700655522-E.jpg

United’s singing section was very good yesterday.
Well I couldn't hear them at our end. In fact I thought it was one of the quietest home crowds I have ever been in at a swamp Derby. They were sitting in stunned silence for the second half. They were quiet and nervous before the match as well on the tram and outside the stadium. They were also very quiet in the three pubs I went in afterwards in Chorlton. There seemed to be a higher than usual proportion of plastic tourists there as well with plenty of half-n-half scarves. The City fans were great as usual. I think the atmosphere at Old Trafford is a myth.

Well I couldn't hear them at our end. In fact I thought it was one of the quietest home crowds I have ever been in at a swamp Derby. They were sitting in stunned silence for the second half. They were quiet and nervous before the match as well on the tram and outside the stadium. They were also very quiet in the three pubs I went in afterwards in Chorlton. There seemed to be a higher than usual proportion of plastic tourists there as well with plenty of half-n-half scarves. The City fans were great as usual. I think the atmosphere at Old Trafford is a myth.

Yes, United’s crowd as a whole were sh*it, but I could hear their singing section. I doubt very much we’d have made any noise at the Etihad if United were 0-2 up against us and playing the game like it was a training match. You have to put things into perspective and be honest.

Yes, United’s crowd as a whole were sh*it, but I could hear their singing section. I doubt very much we’d have made any noise at the Etihad if United were 0-2 up against us and playing the game like it was a training match. You have to put things into perspective and be honest.
Not saying we would have any been better but I have been attending City matches at Old Trafford since 1970 and honestly believe the atmosphere there has been totally over-hyped over the years. Anfield was very noisy in the 70s and 80s but has been poor for the last 10 years most of the time. There are too many fans taking selfies with cameras at Old Trafford and Anfield for my liking. I thought the United fans were quiet yesterday from the start of the match, even before we took control.

Not saying we would have any been better but I have been attending City matches at Old Trafford since 1970 and honestly believe the atmosphere there has been totally over-hyped over the years. Anfield was very noisy in the 70s and 80s but has been poor for the last 10 years most of the time. There are too many fans taking selfies with cameras at Old Trafford and Anfield for my liking. I thought the United fans were quiet yesterday from the start of the match, even before we took control.

Bar Palace, I don’t think there's another crowd who make such a constant noise. Palace fans, and more so their Ultras, create the closest thing to a European atmosphere (Germany, Italy, France, Poland, etc) in this country. The rest of the fans in PL still only react to the ebb and flow of a game.

I’ve been going to derbies at OT for year's. When City are getting beat by United at OT you can hear a pin drop in the City away end for large periods of the game. When City are winning against United at OT, City’s support is brilliant.

Should lock the gates at the Etihad and not let anyone out until 10 minutes after full time unless they have a doctors line

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.