Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I was sat in the family stand yesterday, atmosphere was aweful, no one singing, people looking at you every time you shouted.

someone even told a bloke off for standing up when a chance was created as she couldn’t see.

god I miss Maine road, I miss the dirty gritty working mans ground we had, pissed up blokes swearing in front of kids and everyone singing. It was great. And great as a kid too! As that’s what football is about. Pure emotion

what’s changed ?
I think the prices, the younger generation can no longer afford to go to these games while working part time jobs/uni. They end up supporting a lower league club as it’s about £10 a game there plus beer is also reasonably priced.
I got told off for standing up and all, what a mood killer

I've been in the family stand for 11 years now and never seen it this bad, dirty looks when chanting etc

1894 don't dictate the songs that get sang though. We can try and start songs off, but there are plenty of loud lads in 115 who just start their own songs and because they're loud, people join in.

If you look at 1894's Instagram page, we've tried to get some songs that will spread better going - but it's not as easy as just starting off a new song and everyone joining in, unfortunately.

to be fair it doesn’t need to be new songs. Sing the classics. Rarely ever hear hey Jude or city til I die. I think the choice of song has a big impact on people joining in. (Don’t want to sound like a broken record)

I've been in the family stand for 11 years now and never seen it this bad, dirty looks when chanting etc

Chant even more then so they don’t come back! Used to do the family stand with my lad, he is 13 now and last night took him in the south stand for the first time. He loved it chanted / sang his little heart out and asked to never go back to the family stand….

A little of topic but why do we attack the family stand in the second half?

Chant even more then so they don’t come back! Used to do the family stand with my lad, he is 13 now and last night took him in the south stand for the first time. He loved it chanted / sang his little heart out and asked to never go back to the family stand….

It’s the young Ultra’s section.

Or sit in SS3, where you can't hear either section most of the time.
That’s the acoustics problem I keep mentioning. Sound doesn’t travel backwards in the stadium. It drifts out into the middle of the bowl like Wembley. A sound expert could tell you more about why this happens but it does.

i remember once sitting on the lower tier in the east stand and I couldn’t believe it. You could see hundreds of fans clappping and chanting but literally could hear it.

Not sure why and how long we have done it for. Has it always been the case? Aguero goal was that end. Has it always been the case since then and was it before?
I know the Wycombegame we swapped ends presumably because they won the toss

i got the lift up to ss3 last night
got speaking to " students " ,one a laughing villa fan who told me his
student ticket was £12
mine was cheap being on the cup scheme but he still got in
£3 less than me
Lets hope he comes back for another game

We used to attack the North Stand last under keegan in particular as it was louder, not always the case but that was preferred.

We carried it on in the new stadium even though the fans were flipped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.