Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Not saying we would have any been better but I have been attending City matches at Old Trafford since 1970 and honestly believe the atmosphere there has been totally over-hyped over the years. Anfield was very noisy in the 70s and 80s but has been poor for the last 10 years most of the time. There are too many fans taking selfies with cameras at Old Trafford and Anfield for my liking. I thought the United fans were quiet yesterday from the start of the match, even before we took control.
They were pretty subdued for a derby, for sure - even before we scored. Then again, there were way too many quiet spells in our end for my liking too - when we got going it was great, but it wasn't close to the atmosphere at Leicester away a couple of months ago where we were bang at it for 90 minutes. I'm not sure why that is - it could be down to how the tickets are distributed for derbies but there were still plenty of old faces on the concourse at half-time.

As for United fans, apart from when Ronaldo had that chance and the whole ground woke up for a minute or two, they were poor apart from their singing section. It's difficult to hear that section from the away end - must be an acoustics issue - but I could clearly see that they were singing a lot of the time.

Should lock the gates at the Etihad and not let anyone out until 10 minutes after full time unless they have a doctors line
I know you say that in jest
But did you see the West Ham v Liverpool game
Atmosphere was terrific most fans stayed 10-15minutes after the game
Many at Etihad take part in "fire drill" 10- 15 minutes to go

I know you say that in jest
But did you see the West Ham v Liverpool game
Atmosphere was terrific most fans stayed 10-15minutes after the game
Many at Etihad take part in "fire drill" 10- 15 minutes to go
That's West Ham's best atmosphere at the ground by some distance. A 3-2 thriller against one of the best teams in the league helps! They have exactly the same problems City have had, and even more being away from the pitch.

They were pretty subdued for a derby, for sure - even before we scored. Then again, there were way too many quiet spells in our end for my liking too - when we got going it was great, but it wasn't close to the atmosphere at Leicester away a couple of months ago where we were bang at it for 90 minutes. I'm not sure why that is - it could be down to how the tickets are distributed for derbies but there were still plenty of old faces on the concourse at half-time.

As for United fans, apart from when Ronaldo had that chance and the whole ground woke up for a minute or two, they were poor apart from their singing section. It's difficult to hear that section from the away end - must be an acoustics issue - but I could clearly see that they were singing a lot of the time.
To be fair 12.30pm kick-offs are always much quieter and I have always thought they help away teams. When people have been on the ale all day they are more raucous.

To be fair 12.30pm kick-offs are always much quieter and I have always thought they help away teams. When people have been on the ale all day they are more raucous.
I'd agree with this. You don't have the time to get up for a 12:30 kick off like you do with 5:30 KOs. Unfortunately, idiots have ruined that for the MCR derby. I can't see us being allowed a late kick-off vs them for a few years.

At Leicester there was definitely a 90 minute atmosphere , different people maybe? Villa a night game will be the same I should think.

At Leicester there was definitely a 90 minute atmosphere , different people maybe? Villa a night game will be the same I should think.

hope so

seems to be if it starts off well it builds momentum.. Get one lot of fans starting songs rather than 3 lots, dont sing a song for sake of it and keep the song going for longer.

I'd agree with this. You don't have the time to get up for a 12:30 kick off like you do with 5:30 KOs. Unfortunately, idiots have ruined that for the MCR derby. I can't see us being allowed a late kick-off vs them for a few years.
this was down for late kick off because of the champions league game on wednesday but i read the police blocked it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.