Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Very good last night. City pulled out all the stops yet again and the pre-match stuff set the tone superbly. say what you want about the day trippers(and I've said plenty myself) but they generally seem more willing to get involved than the majority of regulars who sit there in silence all game. Just wish they'd put their bloody phones away for even a few minutes though. PSG fans were shit which made our atmosphere more impressive. I expected that from them though as I heard most of their hardcore support wasn't travelling and was much more of a tourist away end

one of best CL atmospheres for a while, was wild in 115 / 116 / 117 and noise from kippax corner. Thats how footy should be.

the dim lights at the beginning of CL games with the flags and huge banners / few fireworks, looks good. PSG fans videoing it, lets make it a special night rest of tournament.

I was in SS3 and the atmosphere was better than normal, loud at times, just before kick off a group of about 8 blokes sat behind us, they couldn't locate there seats all sounding what I assumed to be French, they eventually all sat down and I was thinking if psg score it could possibly get eventful.
Psg scored and not a sound, I thought fair play to them for keeping quite and avoiding any mither. Then City scored and they went absolutely mental, jumping around and cheering, turns out they were Algerian Mahrez fans, they even joined in with City songs, great to see.
There were some Algerian lads near me at the Brugges game who fucking went crazy for him everytime he touched the ball, and appeared to give the opposition team constant shit in French and even got to practice their English by practicing some newly learned swear words. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Tourist sat next to me last night spent the entire time with his head down looking at his phone. Never looked up. Clearly no interest in the match. Why spend a shed load to sit in the cold to do what he could have done at home ? I can never understand the logic behind it.

Any one see the Marseille fan in the PSG end at the end of the match? He got his mobile out and started showing everyone in 114 a Marseille badge screen saver on his mobile. He was smiling, laughing, and telling everyone in 114 to keep quiet about it. The PSG fans were looking at him wondering why he was so happy. Tried to get a picture of him showing everyone the Marseille badge on his mobile, but he was distracted. Fair play to him.

Thought the 1st half was a bit hit and miss. Plenty of noise when City came close to scoring, but quiet when City and PSG were knocking the ball about. 2nd half was great. Quiet after PSG sored, as expected, but when City took control of the game again, and when City scored, the atmosphere was great. The Neymar chant was classic City. It started off in 114.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.