Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

It needs an organized group like a supporters trust to raiseteh question and we don't have one so it will never be addressed. I doubt dippers or rags would stand for the prices we charge. Thing is we already have an aging fan base and if we're not careful we'll price out the next generation. You would think that with the fantastic football we're playing the atmosphere should be rocking and games sold out weeks ago or is actually that very style of tippy tappy passing possession controlled football (which I love by the way) that is actually killing the atmosphere. Who knows ? but what I do know is we need take care of our next generation of fans and give them sensible ticket prices so that they can attend games on a regular basis to build a love and a sense of loyalty to the club.
I have found all but a couple of games in the Prem at home this season dull due to the way teams set up. If I had paid £50 plus for that crap today I would have been disappointed.

The Paris and Leipzig Games were the best games I have attended this season and the atmosphere in those two games were the best too.

I just checked the thread name again but it's all about attendance numbers or ticket prices. Says it all really...

I know I don't have the right to criticize Blues in the ground and I also know why our home support is what it is, but 1 thing I'd like to mention:

I find it truly sad that away fans can booo one of our players in sky blue several times and the home crowd doesn't silence them by a loud
"We luv Jack Grealish, we do..." or whatever. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.
That's poor and should be different from now on.

In a match where we were permanently shafted by refs and opponent we didn't support our team in voice when it was so easy. I don't get it.
What did you do?

Read a match report from Express and Star (Wolves Rag) like to see their perspective on the game especially anything controversial.
Made me laugh when the so called journalis had to write about how quiet the Etihad was and empty seats were dotted everywhere. People are obsessed and churn out the proverbial as if it’s the only thing that’s going to upset us.

If the ground was half empty, we'd probably be in division one. Won't happen again in my lifetime, not a chance.

As for mass protest... This is 2021 not 1964. You'd have to be a great thrower to smash a window at the Etihad. You'd be lucky to get 500 people to actually protest, and the club would probably charge them £10 each to get past the security fence.

Neither are at all likely to happen. High prices are here to stay.

im not saying either are likely to happen. But if they did the club would listen. Plus you don’t know that for a fact. If the club joined the super league it could have happened. Scrapping the super league shows what pressure the fans can create as well.

don’t understand why your so accepting/ defeatist when it comes to this. We got cheaper away tickets and safe standing recently. Two things only a few years ago that seemed impossible.

getting cheaper match day tickets, for example, is not impossible. Putting pressure on the government to force the league again not impossible

all of these things, such as pricing , standing can make a huge difference to the atmosphere

Last edited:
I don't get it, people moaning about the prices,but we sold 52,000, the problem is people not turning up for whatever reason,when the away team do not sell the top tier it is nearly always taken up by city fans, so there is fans wanting to come.

I don't get it, people moaning about the prices,but we sold 52,000, the problem is people not turning up for whatever reason,when the away team do not sell the top tier it is nearly always taken up by city fans, so there is fans wanting to come.

moaning about the prices? Do you think £50 against wolves - 12:00 kick off is ok?

the thread is about atmosphere and at those prices your pricing out lots of the people who can help create it. You must earn quite a bit to be happy with those match day prices.

By the way lots of those empty seats are corporate seats/ rows given to ticketing agencies (completely unavailable to the ordinary fan)..if they were on sale at a reasonable prices they’d be full - like the example your talking about in ss3…..

Last edited:
Were the South Stand and SE corner on strike today. Pathetic vocal support all well done to everyone who went today. I was packed on a train like a sardine thinking should I be doing this.
Yh I'm in the South Stand worst it's been all season today not many seemed bothered hopefully Leeds is a massive improvement

Absolutely awful. None-supportive supporters. And the poor old sticks on the pitch trying to get a bit of noise going on the terraces. Lol

Where I sit in SS3 about 40 season ticket holders didn’t even bother to turn up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.