Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

You know what I’ve just realised ?

So in the same way that a certain section of City fans at the match traditionally has to have a player to boo, a certain section of blue mooners always has to have a pop at some aspect of our support.

And I’ve just realised that the boo boys on here have now forgotten all about early leavers and their selfish, disloyal, shameful practice of not staying right to the bitter end of each and every home game. Now their vengeful anger is directed at anyone who doesn’t scream their lungs out for 90mins in humdrum home games against unglamorous opponents.

What an interesting development. Not much use to me though, in my case it’s out of the frying pan into the fire as I rarely stay to the end nor do I sing very often.

Unfortunately those fans don’t exist anymore pal, they’ve been priced out. Nothing left but corporate tourists and a few remaining genuine local fans that make every excuse in the book for the joke we’ve become. Best I’ve heard today is 12:30 is a bit early if you’ve had a booze the night before haha. Rangers get up for a game with St Mirren more than we do most teams.

Last edited:
When kids are being charged the same , or more, than away fans - including in the 'family' stand - for a game against wolves that's on telly, then there's a big part of the issue straight away. No issues with the atmosphere for big games.

Regardless of the exorbitant match day ticket prices (thankfully I pay FOC SC rate) a game like today's was never going to be a cauldron of noise. The early Saturday KO is traditionally a graveyard and the fact that it was extremely dull overall meant that the away support would always dominate.

I'm in SS3 & it is pretty much self-contained in there as we can't see or hear anything from lower levels but I'd ask the question if the extended rail seating has made any difference overall? From my perspective I'd say not one iota of difference.
Where the rail seats are, the atmosphere was slightly better with more people singing in that area than before for the first few games of the season. It’s now gone back to how it was before rail seats with hardly anyone singing even in what is supposed to be the singing section.

Also, the rail seats have certainly not made any difference whatsoever to the atmosphere around the rest of the ground. The fans who do sing in the area where the rail seats are sing songs the rest of the ground never join in with (to the point of obsession!).

The rest of the ground never join in with:
Edin Džeko
Empty Seats At Home (they never have and never will join in with this)

And they might join in the first time with:
We Never Win At Home (but not the fourth or fifth time in a game)

And they pretty much never sing most of the songs the rest of the ground do/might join in with.

But that’s not exactly their fault. Okay they sing some songs far too often (sometimes Edin Džeko is sung about half a dozen times a game… why?). But on the whole, it’s the apathetic fuckers we have around the rest of the ground that are the main problem.

The East Stand these days is more boring, lifeless and quiet than the Main Stand at Maine Road. What the fuck has happened to the East Stand? We used to be The Kippax, for fuck’s sake! Even when the rail seat areas sing a song the rest of the ground used to sing along to, eg, We Love You City; even the East Stand only has the odd lads dotted about here and there who join in while 95% of the stand sit there is total silence for 95% of the game (I don’t include the Kippax Corner in this, although yesterday even they were deathly quiet)

I’m starting to think other fans are right about our support.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked the thread name again but it's all about attendance numbers or ticket prices. Says it all really...

I know I don't have the right to criticize Blues in the ground and I also know why our home support is what it is, but 1 thing I'd like to mention:

I find it truly sad that away fans can booo one of our players in sky blue several times and the home crowd doesn't silence them by a loud
"We luv Jack Grealish, we do..." or whatever. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.
That's poor and should be different from now on.

In a match where we were permanently shafted by refs and opponent we didn't support our team in voice when it was so easy. I don't get it.
I get it now. It’s taken me a while to cotton on, but it’s because our support - and this does have to start being said and admitted now - actually is shit!

We’ve lived off our best-in-the-country support from the late-90s and early-00s for far too fucking long now. We are not that fanbase anymore, we really aren’t.

We’ve been decent away from home this season, but this is the worst I can ever remember our home support. As I said above, 95% of the East Stand (not the Colin Bell Stand or Family Stand for fuck’s sake) just sit there in total silence for 95% of all games. And we have a singing section who have barely sung at all in our last two home games.

The club certainly don’t help with the ticket pricing, but it’s the same faces all over the place in East Stand Level 1 as it has been for years. But these fans don’t bother taking part anymore, they just come to have a sit down away from the missus and kids for a couple of hours and then go home again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our Supporters were quiet for the first half an hour but tWolves time wasting and trying to get Sterling sent off livened things up and there was a good atmosphere around the Jiminez sending off.

I expected the atmosphere to be flat yesterday but I do think the rail seats have contributed to a bit of an improvement for most games. Yesterday was better than when we got beat by Wolves 2 nil a few years ago when there was virtually no support for the lads and the middle of South Stand Level 1 was half empty. Thst aaid, I agree with the posters who say a lot of kur

Surprisingly, we’ve got an increasingly number of Blues joining in with the signing in 209 and crest to the young lad who sings, “You’re fooking shit at the opposition 10 times per game”.

Anyone choosing to go to the game late in the day could have picked up a pair of tickets for £50 on the unofficial tickets sites. 2,500 tickets are sold through the sticker Exchange and a similar number through the Facebook pages per game (average).

Credit to Wolves on their impressive away support and their battling defensive display.

Best £100 + you’d have spent this weekend, had you gone. Going to the match is ace.
Would have agreed a couple of years ago , can't beat going to a match but now disillusioned with the clubs blaise treatment of our fans , so invested the £100 odd quid in a nice bottle Hennessy VSOP , which i will enjoy in front of the telly on Tuesday evening and avoid fighting my way down the Mancunian Way , queuing for match ticket i cannot download ,or queuing for a Covid check and the usual motorway closure on the way home.
Give the lads a cheer for me , looks like your a bigger blue than me :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.