Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I think you'll find it is. There's no requirement for fans to sing in the conditions of sale for tickets or in the ground regulations. You pay your money to the club to watch a football match - there's no expectation of any more than that.

I'm not saying it's wrong for people to sing and shout, just that it's unreasonable for anyone to expect everyone else to do so.
I think the distinction between 'fans' and 'supporters' is wider than ever now. It used to be the case that 'supporters' paid for their tickets and then wanted to go and support the team, sing them on, get behind them etc. Now 'fans' want to pay, turn up (and leave) when is convenient and be entertained in between. The whole dynamics have changed. Likely it has come from how much players get paid and how alien they seem as individuals now compared to the common fan. Interestingly though some clubs seem to have not been as imapcted by this, dare I say, the scousers are an example. Large numbers of their supporters are still extremely enthusiastic. Not sure what the solution is, I'm sure the club have tried but it's so sad to see our great club riding so high with seemingly so much apathy from fans/supporters.

My take is modern football has fucked every fanbase in England. Our atmosphere is crap but so is everyone else's, we just get it more because we're good. We weren't filling it mid 00s but because we were sh1t no-one battered an eyelid.

Also this thread as a whole is embarrassing it's just rinse and repeat after every game about how awful the atmosphere was and how it's all the clubs fault and how my pint was too cold and why is hugh ferris still breathing oxygen blah blah blah. Not many ideas about how to make things better because it's obvious the club won't help us.

Also makes me laugh how everyone likes to slag off ultras on here, only time there's any atmosphere at the Etihad, and I bet there's no cooperates, sponsors, tourists, women, kids, old people etc in their away ends. Not saying we need to go that route just yet but we should be organised into a group similar to what united have now with the TRA. The club are more likely to take us seriously if we have the strength in numbers and a clear organisation type fan group to have real dialogue with.

As well as the large drop down banner from SSL2, and the large flags being waved, 1894 gave out 50 flags in SSL1 before the PSG game. I handed quite a few out. I gave the flags to younger City fans as I thought they were more likely to wave the flags than older City fans. Just before the teams came out, and after the teams came out, less than half the handed out flags were being waved.

1894 have asked City fans on BM on a few occasions to help with waving the large telescopic flags before the match starts. We've explained where to meet up on the concourse behind block 115. We've had little or no interest.

I accept waving flags doesn't create an atmosphere, but it's part of the spectacle, which hopefully fans buy into, and in doing so, they'll want to support the team more.

I used love seeing all the banners and flags hung from level 2. They added to identity of the Etihad and created colour. Then the club decided the flags and banners on level 2 had to go, to be replaced by an electronic advertising board, and digital flags, that are pointless and an absolute waste of time. Are they still being shown? I never look.

1639437340257.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry to tell you that it’s going to be a piss poor crowd tomorrow night. Loads of seats are unsold and that’s without the covid no shows.

As well as the large drop down banner from SSL2, and the large flags being waved, 1894 gave out 50 flags in SSL1 before the PSG game. I handed quite a few out. I gave the flags to younger City fans as I thought they were more likely to wave the flags than older City fans. Just before the teams came out, and after the teams came out, less than half the handed out flags were being waved.

1894 have asked City fans on BM on a few occasions to help with waving the large telescopic flags before the match starts. We've explained where to meet up on the concourse behind block 115. We've had little or no interest.

I accept waving flags doesn't create an atmosphere, but it's part of the spectacle, which hopefully fans buy into, and in doing so, they'll want go support the team.(more)

I used love seeing all the banners and flags hung from level 2. They added to identity of the Etihad and created colour. Then the club decided the flags and banners on level 2 had to go, to be replaced by an electronic advertising board, and digital flags, that are pointless and an absolute waste of time. Are they still being shown? I never look.

View attachment 31747
No offence mate but your group is a bit of a joke. The reason why no-one bought into 1894 is because it's run by a bunch of old men that like to follow every health and safety regulation and it's just not the 'cool' thing to do. Something like this this needs to come from the youth, and people will join if the hype is there, everything has just got to come together at the right time.

Block 328 has 172 seats left, priced from £30 to £53. The few seats I've clicked on were £53.

1639438327100.jpeg

No offence mate but your group is a bit of a joke. The reason why no-one bought into 1894 is because it's run by a bunch of old men that like to follow every health and safety regulation and it's just not the 'cool' thing to do. Something like this this needs to come from the youth, and people will join if the hype is there, everything has just got to come together at the right time.

that is a joke of a post. The 1894 group are one of the only groups trying to do anything about the atmosphere. Without them we’d probably have no singing section, no displays and no atmosphere at all.

come from the youth? Most of the youth don’t go to games as it’s too expensive. The ones that do in the main don’t sing. How do your expect a fan movement to come from them?

I think the distinction between 'fans' and 'supporters' is wider than ever now. It used to be the case that 'supporters' paid for their tickets and then wanted to go and support the team, sing them on, get behind them etc. Now 'fans' want to pay, turn up (and leave) when is convenient and be entertained in between. The whole dynamics have changed. Likely it has come from how much players get paid and how alien they seem as individuals now compared to the common fan. Interestingly though some clubs seem to have not been as imapcted by this, dare I say, the scousers are an example. Large numbers of their supporters are still extremely enthusiastic. Not sure what the solution is, I'm sure the club have tried but it's so sad to see our great club riding so high with seemingly so much apathy from fans/supporters.

As they say, you pay your money, you make your choice.

The club shows no real interest in supporters below hospitality level. It's merely lip-service. We've had average to poor vocal support at home games for years, with very few exceptions. Our away vocal support on the other hand, has almost always been very good to exceptional.

Reduce all non-hospitality tickets to a maximum of £30 in line with away tickets, let all under 16s in for £5 a game, and scale up an additional fiver for each year after 16th birthday to a maximum of £30.

The youth, you mean like you?

Really? You haven't got a clue! You don't know what 1894 have discussed with the club over the years. What we've tried to do to improve the atmosphere at the Etihad. The amount of knock backs we've had. You think 1894 or any 'youth fan group' at City can just rock up at the Etihad doors and demand this and that from the club to improve the atmosphere, and the club will just say OK, go for it lads!

Go on then, tell me what you'd do, and how you'd get the club to go along with your ideas. After I've stopped laughing, I'll give you a reality check.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.