Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Think your a bit unfair saying we're ALL spoilt. Plenty of us remember the bad times and fully appreciate what a fantastic team we're watching now.
We give our fair amount of vocal support, always stay to the end and always clap the team off.Its not our fault if we're in the minority.

I was using it in a general term,not for each individual,which for the record I have been going for 35 plus years,so I certainly don't come into the spoilt brigade,I've seen enough bad times to last another 35 years.

I remember going when the only person with a camera was sat close to the goals taking pictures of close chances or goals,how times have changed.

So just move up a little and let me get on that high horse of yours and we can ride into the sunset

Think your a bit unfair saying we're ALL spoilt. Plenty of us remember the bad times and fully appreciate what a fantastic team we're watching now.
We give our fair amount of vocal support, always stay to the end and always clap the team off.Its not our fault if we're in the minority.

Sometimes I just sit in silence, lost in the moment, cant believe the level of football I am seeing in front of me. Wishing my dad was still here to see it.
Cant believe this is my club for the 61 years of being on this planet, I feel so proud to be a blue.

Never leave early, sing my heart out just like you ;)

im going to sound like a stick in the mud here but the club do a lot to help with the atmosphere, i couldnt ask for more support off them in doing the displays. The guys from the club that work with us at 1894 do more than a lot of fans. Of course you get to the top of the tree and they dont quite understand fans and will care more about revenue in, but that is their role.

I know after reading this some might think well cheap tickets / beer in seats / KO times and other pointers, i have a list as long as my arm of things that p****s me off about the modern game. But im still there belting songs out, getting to the ground 2 hours before KO and leaving half hour after. I wouldnt expect people to be as daft as me, but i think the singers in the stadium have to make more effort, group together, put phones down, get behind the team.

A few posts today have got it right in that we have changed how we view football, it is almost like some fans are sat in their arm chair watching the game.

One interesting comparison of todays fans to 70s & 80s. Take Wembley for example, apart from taking flags down there it has little appeal to me, the atmosphere is terrible. I went to 1981 fa cup Vs spurs, the noise in the there half hour before KO was better than any game at wembley ive been to when the game is being played. During the game in 1981 it was loud, seriously loud, the whole 25k in that end holding scarves up, bringing 100's of home made banners to the game, it was a sea of blue for 90 mins. Im not going to accept for one minute that the stadium at that time was old style, the attitude of fans overall was different.

im going to sound like a stick in the mud here but the club do a lot to help with the atmosphere, i couldnt ask for more support off them in doing the displays. The guys from the club that work with us at 1894 do more than a lot of fans. Of course you get to the top of the tree and they dont quite understand fans and will care more about revenue in, but that is their role.

I know after reading this some might think well cheap tickets / beer in seats / KO times and other pointers, i have a list as long as my arm of things that p****s me off about the modern game. But im still there belting songs out, getting to the ground 2 hours before KO and leaving half hour after. I wouldnt expect people to be as daft as me, but i think the singers in the stadium have to make more effort, group together, put phones down, get behind the team.

A few posts today have got it right in that we have changed how we view football, it is almost like some fans are sat in their arm chair watching the game.

One interesting comparison of todays fans to 70s & 80s. Take Wembley for example, apart from taking flags down there it has little appeal to me, the atmosphere is terrible. I went to 1981 fa cup Vs spurs, the noise in the there half hour before KO was better than any game at wembley ive been to when the game is being played. During the game in 1981 it was loud, seriously loud, the whole 25k in that end holding scarves up, bringing 100's of home made banners to the game, it was a sea of blue for 90 mins. Im not going to accept for one minute that the stadium at that time was old style, the attitude of fans overall was different.
We were over 40 years younger boss .......oh and mad as fuck.

I've noticed a lot of the NEW fans or trippers sing fuck all and sit if they get a chance. We were a different breed back then.

Am I allowed to say breed?

I was in the spurs end that day, got tickets from my local fa, and it was rocking in there too. I never remember debates about atmospheres in those days, it probably wasn't an issue then, plus there was no such thing as social media "banter"

I went to that final too, and yes it was a fantastic atmosphere. I was much younger then though and a trip to Wembley wasn't the norm for us then. You are probably right with the fan mentality comment. I went to the replay too, on a supporters coach that appeared to contain the world's supply of drunks. I arrived home at an ungodly hour heartbroken and then had to go into college for my geography A level mock. I can't have told my parents about the exam as I certainly wouldn't have let my 17 old son do the same thing, so yes mentality, maybe it's that.

I blame TV for this as well,it is on all the time,I mean it's a novelty to have many 3pm Saturday games these days,but back in day it was a treat to go to match,so like i referred to in a previous post on here,spoiled is the only word that i can make fit,but as was pointed out to me,that ain't probably the right word for us,shall we say older generation City fans.

I blame TV for this as well,it is on all the time,I mean it's a novelty to have many 3pm Saturday games these days,but back in day it was a treat to go to match,so like i referred to in a previous post on here,spoiled is the only word that i can make fit,but as was pointed out to me,that ain't probably the right word for us,shall we say older generation City fans.
FOC's

I was in my 20s then and daft as a fu*king brush
Majority of fans on both occasions in 81 were late teens late 20s early 30s
40 years on the prioitys & passion change
Fair play to you for sticking at it
That's why we need a section for youngsters paying £15-£20 a game not the crazy prices the club charges

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.