Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

yes, agree with this. But it's not just about singing it's about getting behind the team with cheering and noise. It's the wrong metaphor to use in tis day and age but we need to cheer a Citfy breakaway or tackle or decent bit of skill or defending as if its thes most important thing in the world at that moment. A sort of wall of noise
Yep corners too. Any positive city movement needs a response to it

The bowl and tiers didn't stop Atletico midweek. The back of the stand is open too. Outstanding atmosphere.

We just don't have vocal support and that's it, why do grown up people try to come up with silly excuses is beyond me. A few thousand ATM supporters were not impeded by the stadium design to make constant noise, the same as many other away supporters. PL games generally have very poor 'atmosphere' compared to the one on the continent, we all know the reasons for that. If it is not for away support it would be even worse, but we watch excellent football at least.

The club should be arsed because atmosphere is part of "the product" they want to sell to new fans and corporates and sales could definitely be better.

I don't think they "get it" because most of them weren't around at Maine Road.
To be honest - we weren't loud that many times at Maine Road - I thought we had a fairly quiet ground for a lot of games - understandable as well..

To be honest - we weren't loud that many times at Maine Road - I thought we had a fairly quiet ground for a lot of games - understandable as well..
All grounds are quiet at times and Maine Road was no exception. But with its low roofs and smaller size it was a lot easier to fill it with noise. I was at Elland Road on Friday and it was similar.

Spot-on. City fans have always been a bit flaky at home. We were able to get up for the big matches but not so good for run-of-the mill fixtures. We have always turned up in numbers...but sometimes just to have a moan. I think being sceptical is just part of our DNA (to use a modern phrase). I don't think a lot of our fans like doing "hero worship" just for the sake of it. Our away support though has mostly been superb, and I have been travelling away since 1972. Personally I prefer self-depreciation and humour to cult-like behaviour as displayed by some of our rivals.

Spot-on. City fans have always been a bit flaky at home. We were able to get up for the big matches but not so good for run-of-the mill fixtures. We have always turned up in numbers...but sometimes just to have a moan. I think being sceptical is just part of our DNA (to use a modern phrase). I don't think a lot of our fans like doing "hero worship" just for the sake of it. Our away support though has mostly been superb, and I have been travelling away since 1972. Personally I prefer self-depreciation and humour to cult-like behaviour as displayed by some of our rivals.
Some truth in this. City fans have always been independent minded and cynical. The problem at the moment though is that the atmosphere isn't always the best even for the big matches. Wembley was the worst I've ever known.

We are all spoilt fuckers these days that’s why,like Wednesday night prime example -didn’t score early “this is shit this” according to some near me,I’m more of a patient guy these days,well until about 65-70 mins anyway
Think your a bit unfair saying we're ALL spoilt. Plenty of us remember the bad times and fully appreciate what a fantastic team we're watching now.
We give our fair amount of vocal support, always stay to the end and always clap the team off.Its not our fault if we're in the minority.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.