Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Without a shadow of a doubt that's the biggest factor of all, combined with having tiers. Wembley is similar. To get loud enough quickly enough to spread songs need to bounce and echo off the roof. So in a big bowl like ours once a song catches on it can sound really loud but only when the sound is coming from the back of the stadium.

I sit in the top tier and the singing from the lower tiers sounds much louder when you are up there then when you are down at pitch level. It's what I would describe as a muddy noise down at pitch level.
Yep definitely, hard to get the songs going on other levels too I find when they’re shorter. No one has time to catch on and get it going or even keep it in time

Lol. Jesting aside you have just confirmed a point. Many people at the Etihad are 'spectators' who simply pay to watch a game of football as they would on TV at home (who believe that because they've paid their money that's their part of the deal settled). What is lacking are 'supporters' who are willing to pay and then push on the team by vocal support (act as the 12th Man etc.). Many people's view these days is that 'footballers get paid millions so they shouldn't need my support' or 'I pay a fortune to watch this and pay their wages so I'll do what I like'. The reality is though that any player, paid or not, needs that support sometimes from the fans watching plus it creates a better atmosphere. Like I said, everyone is entitled to do what they want, it's a free world, but I believe this is what the root of the problem is for us.
Maybe we need to institute a designated 'Delia' in each block who is sufficiently leathered on club provided refreshments that they can harangue the rest of the block into action.

I'm glad these people can afford to watch 60 mins of football, seeing as the leave 15 mis early as well. I dont understand it, its alot of money to watch football, I like to get my moneys worth

agree. the early leavers must be in a very fortunate position to spend all that money on a season ticket and then miss large parts of the game because they want to get home early

Yep definitely, hard to get the songs going on other levels too I find when they’re shorter. No one has time to catch on and get it going or even keep it in time

It is hard getting things going and to spread. We have 11 separate tiers and a roof designed to send noise up rather than out. Also tiers are separated by boxes all the way round and corporate seating. Fifty lads sing on the concourse and it sounds good, 150 sing in 115 and it doesnt even travel to the front of that block.

Saturday in the first half at 2 nil bluemoon was belted out, it spread and you could tell other tiers carried it on, sounded excellent.

Obvious reply is well the euro away fans manage to make enough noise and celtic did. That is organised singing whether it be drums or capo, with different chants that clap ( not songs ). We cant do that though, oh no no no fans would walk out if they heard singing along those lines ;)

It is hard getting things going and to spread. We have 11 separate tiers and a roof designed to send noise up rather than out. Also tiers are separated by boxes all the way round and corporate seating. Fifty lads sing on the concourse and it sounds good, 150 sing in 115 and it doesnt even travel to the front of that block.

Saturday in the first half at 2 nil bluemoon was belted out, it spread and you could tell other tiers carried it on, sounded excellent.

Obvious reply is well the euro away fans manage to make enough noise and celtic did. That is organised singing whether it be drums or capo, with different chants that clap ( not songs ). We cant do that though, oh no no no fans would walk out if they heard singing along those lines ;)
Yeah the whole design of the stadium doesn’t lend itself to making noise. Obviously the club aren’t arsed as long as they sell tickets and such

Reactions: PPT
Yeah the whole design of the stadium doesn’t lend itself to making noise. Obviously the club aren’t arsed as long as they sell tickets and such
The club should be arsed because atmosphere is part of "the product" they want to sell to new fans and corporates and sales could definitely be better.

I don't think they "get it" because most of them weren't around at Maine Road.

The club should be arsed because atmosphere is part of "the product" they want to sell to new fans and corporates and sales could definitely be better.

I don't think they "get it" because most of them weren't around at Maine Road.
I wholeheartedly agree. Wether or not it’s as good as it maybe once was, and obviously because they’re popular anyway and winning stuff, people flock to Anfield to experience the “famous anfield atmosphere”. Dortmund are similar in that people want to go purely to see the yellow wall in person. Good atmosphere can enhance the experience and make people come

I wholeheartedly agree. Wether or not it’s as good as it maybe once was, and obviously because they’re popular anyway and winning stuff, people flock to Anfield to experience the “famous anfield atmosphere”. Dortmund are similar in that people want to go purely to see the yellow wall in person. Good atmosphere can enhance the experience and make people come
yes, agree with this. But it's not just about singing it's about getting behind the team with cheering and noise. It's the wrong metaphor to use in tis day and age but we need to cheer a Citfy breakaway or tackle or decent bit of skill or defending as if its thes most important thing in the world at that moment. A sort of wall of noise

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.