Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

A few good points, will try to answer with what i have found over last 9 years of trying.

ATALANTA FANS & SONGS - Agree they made good noise, their songs are geared up for long chants and hand clapping, its not 60 songs in 60 minutes. We need to spread out songs for longer periods so fans dont get confused. Do we do this ? No we sing the 5th song about john stones or calling a song about a united player, songs nobody knows the words to and doesnt have a beat. Fans then get confused and dont sing.

TRY TO MOVE - It is always brought up but impossible, we suggest a move but to many areas are now controlled by corporate, family and so on. Plus when we do get an opportunity of say 200 in a block about 25 turn up, nobody likes to move.

Same season we expanded SS3 and created lower 115. It totally messed up the singers going in 115, about 40% last minute moved to SS3 for cheaper tickets and cant blame them. This meant the 300 spare seats in 115 went on sale to agents as no singing fans would move, therefore we ended up with non singers in there.

LEICESTER AWAY - I was at that game, great atmosphere. There was a good percentage of singers, we sang songs about the club not john stones and we built up momentum, it got going so fans stood there not singing felt daft and started singing. Thats what the good European fans do, they feel like they are in a group together.

Ive said this so many times and we all know it, when city score we get the "Guradiola" song going, we sing it for two rounds and there are 2,000 fans singing and clapping. So where do they all go rest of game ?

The problem is, even if the club created a genuine singing section where they allowed banners, flags, a drum, a megapahone(go along with it for arguments sake), and made it a cheap standing area for 500-1000 fans, you’d still get people of all ages going in there not to sing and to support the team, but to get a cheap safe standing seat/season ticket.

Unless City can ’separate the wheat from the chaff’, there will never be a proper singing section at City. I doubt very much the club can be arsed doing that given the clamour for cheap tickets in any proper singing section.

One of the ways the club could do it is by making it a ballot only season ticket block/s. Where people have to apply to move in their. With the season ticket prices at the beginning being on par with the rest of the stadium, but decreasing season after season for those who decide to stay in there long-term. Keeping the season tickets on a par with the rest of the ground initially may deter people who would only want to go into the singing section because of cheap season tickets. I don’t know, but there has to be a way that the club can fill a proper singing section with singers. United have done it.(cough, splutter, arf,)

I sit in SSL3, not sure it's geared up for standing regularly tbh, it's really, really steep and a long way to fall.

That and the bar area is carnage as it is, nevermind with a younger crowd.

Getting out at full time is a disgrace too.

The problem is, even if the club created a genuine singing section where they allowed banners, flags, a drum, a megapahone(go along with it for arguments sake), and made it a cheap standing area for 500-1000 fans, you’d still get people of all ages going in there not to sing and to support the team, but to get a cheap safe standing seat/season ticket.

Unless City can ’separate the wheat from the chaff’, there will never be a proper singing section at City. I doubt very much the club can be arsed doing that given the clamour for cheap tickets in any proper singing section.

One of the ways the club could do it is by making it a ballot only season ticket block/s. Where people have to apply to move in their. With the season ticket prices at the beginning being on par with the rest of the stadium, but decreasing season after season for those who decide to stay in there long-term. Keeping the season tickets on a par with the rest of the ground initially may deter people who would only want to go into the singing section because of cheap season tickets. I don’t know, but there has to be a way that the club can fill a proper singing section with singers. United have done it.(cough, splutter, arf,)
See my post above. They should have offered every single season ticket holder in the two existing singing areas first refusal of a half price season ticket in SS3. That would get people moving if it was marketed heavily as the new Kippax.

A few good points, will try to answer with what i have found over last 9 years of trying.

ATALANTA FANS & SONGS - Agree they made good noise, their songs are geared up for long chants and hand clapping, its not 60 songs in 60 minutes. We need to spread out songs for longer periods so fans dont get confused. Do we do this ? No we sing the 5th song about john stones or calling a song about a united player, songs nobody knows the words to and doesnt have a beat. Fans then get confused and dont sing.

TRY TO MOVE - It is always brought up but impossible, we suggest a move but to many areas are now controlled by corporate, family and so on. Plus when we do get an opportunity of say 200 in a block about 25 turn up, nobody likes to move.

Same season we expanded SS3 and created lower 115. It totally messed up the singers going in 115, about 40% last minute moved to SS3 for cheaper tickets and cant blame them. This meant the 300 spare seats in 115 went on sale to agents as no singing fans would move, therefore we ended up with non singers in there.

LEICESTER AWAY - I was at that game, great atmosphere. There was a good percentage of singers, we sang songs about the club not john stones and we built up momentum, it got going so fans stood there not singing felt daft and started singing. Thats what the good European fans do, they feel like they are in a group together.

Ive said this so many times and we all know it, when city score we get the "Guradiola" song going, we sing it for two rounds and there are 2,000 fans singing and clapping. So where do they all go rest of game ?
You've touched upon some relevant points IMO. Crowd phycology in particular. As someone who sits a long way from the singing areas I can tell you that there are large numbers of occasional singers who would join in if they felt comfortable. They are the ones who will sing after a goal because they know everyone will join in.

The first couple of songs after kick off set the tone in some ways. Often we get both ends singing different songs at the same time and that kills it. Or we will get We never win at home or Empty Seats and they will never spread. If the first couple of songs were Blue Moon, We're Not Really Here and The Best Team In the Land things would be better. I know some of us are making that point repeatedly and it's a hard one to solve. I get the feeling that in the South Stand lower tier to be heard without a roof above you you need to start clapping.

If the government allows beer to be drunk on the terraces again, make it a beer singing section, with
See my post above. They should have offered every single season ticket holder in the two existing singing areas first refusal of a half price season ticket in SS3. That would get people moving if it was marketed heavily as the new Kippax.

Here’s what I’m hoping for.

Last home game of the season.

City win the PL title.
Sergio’s statue is unveiled. Sergio is there. Along with Silva and Kompany to see their statues and to meet the fans.
City announce details of the long awaited North Stand expansion, the redevelopment of City Square, and Joe Mercer way, tying in with the new COOP Live Arena.

This is how to do it. And with a ‘drum’, that is used properly, in time with the chant, aiding the chant, and not being bashed to death for the sake of it. How many fans? 1000-1500? Everyone singing and making a right racket.

Expand the video and turn on the sound.

Just get rid of all the women, children, old people and non-whites like most European away crowds.

From 1894's instagram account (@weare1894)

Tonight is huge.

Everyone will be against us. UEFA, the officials, the media. They all want their showpiece final between Madrid and Liverpool. They'll all be gutted if little old City comes and ruins the party.

There are no excuses tonight. This is as big as it gets.

Get down early and go to the bus welcoming. Get into your seat and cheer the lads out for their warmup. Boo the shite anthem. Jeer and whistle Madrid. Pressure the referee. Join in with every song. Tell them to do one if you get strange looks or sarcastic comments. I don't care if you're sitting in the family stand or Block 115. If you're in God's own stadium tonight, it's your job to SUPPORT the team. Make it the bear pit we all know it can be.

No excuses. Make it happen, blues. Let's fucking go!

Certainly not the solution but might help if we had more songs about City and less songs about those knob heads in Trafford. As much as I dislike them, I couldn't care less about them. Especially at the moment. I don't want be playing Real Madrid in a Champions League semi final but singing about one game 11 years ago when we beat united.

Lets have some catchy songs about us, and only us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.