Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

1. Apart from when they want to open a new corporate section. They are quite happy to move existing ST holders then!

The mistake they made was SS3. They had a great opportunity to make that the stand for singing etc. it’s noisy up there when people can be bothered. They should have made the back 25 rows £250 (as I think it was priced “) but only for 18-30’s. No kids etc. Instead they didn’t think about it and offered those cheap seats to anyone who wanted them so the fella who only goes to 8 games a season thought “great I’ll have a bit of that and then the other 11 games I miss don’t matter. I don’t even need to sell them”

I’ve heard stories of people selling their seat up in the gods to tourists for the Liverpool match for £500! Paying for next years ST!

Biggest mistake they have made with the stadium for me.

im not sure I agree. SS3 is great for acoustics and when everyone joins in, but it feels so far removed from the rest of the stadium. The corporate section in between is the biggest joke, as the three tiers aren’t joined up.

the north stand is the area where we should have a proper home end. I think if you could merge the first and second tier that would be perfect. Create a smaller section above that for relocated fans. Then you would have two singing/ standing areas behind the goals

ss3 level 3 is a welcome addition, but it’s meant lots of the cheaper seats and singers forced out of the way and the lower tiers lacking in singers

im not sure I agree. SS3 is great for acoustics and when everyone joins in, but it feels so far removed from the rest of the stadium. The corporate section in between is the biggest joke, as the three tiers aren’t joined up.

the north stand is the area where we should have a proper home end. I think if you could merge the first and second tier that would be perfect. Create a smaller section above that for relocated fans. Then you would have two singing/ standing areas behind the goals

ss3 level 3 is a welcome addition, but it’s meant lots of the cheaper seats and singers forced out of the way and the lower tiers lacking in singers
They are certainly never going to move families. Where would they put them? SS3 is not safe for young kids. It’s too steep. Whatever the answer is, it should have been thought about when they moved into the stadium, added a new tier. Not now. It’s too late.

We’re also very good away from home, and we don’t have as many 30-50 year old blokes as they do. That’s the entire demographic of that away end, ours are mostly families and we’re still mint away from home.

And he’s twatting fuck out of that drum. It’s not being done properly. After five minutes of that I’d be up smashing the drum over his head and putting the sticks up his arse.

Our fans, same stand, no drum:

Best stadium in England Leicester for away fans always a good atmosphere

They are certainly never going to move families. Where would they put them? SS3 is not safe for young kids. It’s too steep. Whatever the answer is, it should have been thought about when they moved into the stadium, added a new tier. Not now. It’s too late.

why not? They’ve already removed lots of families/ young adults when they stopped the cheap kids season tickets everywhere around the ground or when they forced people out of there seats (tunnel club). also lots of talk of safe standing in north stand level 1, so it’s entirely possible

My suggestion would be to create another smaller tier above ss2 and allow people to move there. A lot of people sat in the family stand aren’t families anyway

they could bring back the cheaper kids tickets throughout the ground then we wouldn’t need a family stand.

it would be good if they introduced safe standing to the back ten rows of ss3. Chelsea currently have it in the upper tiers

I was in my 20s then and daft as a fu*king brush
Majority of fans on both occasions in 81 were late teens late 20s early 30s
40 years on the prioitys & passion change
Fair play to you for sticking at it
That's why we need a section for youngsters paying £15-£20 a game not the crazy prices the club charges

correct
how good would it be if we could control the sale of tickets so that when a block comes back on sale like tonight with real madrid handing back lower tier, we could offer to juniors at £20, fill it with young or older lads.

one big fault is the sale of tickets, using agents has meant a ticket can literally go to anybody in any end, there is no control... A fan with a kid coming to see a game ends up in 115 rather than family stand. A fan wanting to sing and go mad ends up in tier three and thinks its a shit atmosphere.... The ticketing is a huge issue, its all targeted sales to hit.

Atalanta and Atlético fans didn’t bring a drum and they made a much better sounding noise than any fans who bring drums (Atalanta are my favourite fans who’ve been to the Etihad, I thought they sounded incredible, great original songs that were sung sporadically instead of monotonously and no drum). Neither of those sets of fans brought their full allocation neither.
I’ve been to see Atalanta play half a dozen times and they have a great vocal following ( apart from at Old Trafford this season when many of the regulars couldn’t travel because of Covid restrictions).

A lot of the words in their songs (not all) are similar so there’s not all that much too learn. For example, a number of songs include “Vinci per noi” that translates to we win together. The tune changes quite a bit and can range from anywhere between the “Sound of Silence” and “Moonlight Shadow”

Why do the singers stand in the worst possible spot though?

Surely that’s a choice and there are better places for spreading noise?

we dont have a choice, we cant move, its where safestand is to... It is impossible to re seat 10 fans never mind a thousand. We are there and there for good unless we expand the north stand. Also tier 3 in SS is no good at all.

1. Apart from when they want to open a new corporate section. They are quite happy to move existing ST holders then!

The mistake they made was SS3. They had a great opportunity to make that the stand for singing etc. it’s noisy up there when people can be bothered. They should have made the back 25 rows £250 (as I think it was priced “) but only for 18-30’s. No kids etc. Instead they didn’t think about it and offered those cheap seats to anyone who wanted them so the fella who only goes to 8 games a season thought “great I’ll have a bit of that and then the other 11 games I miss don’t matter. I don’t even need to sell them”

I’ve heard stories of people selling their seat up in the gods to tourists for the Liverpool match for £500! Paying for next years ST!

Biggest mistake they have made with the stadium for me.
You're dead right that was the opportunity lost.

The should have called it "The New Kippax" and marketed it hard and allowed standing and banners. Made the tickets cheap. They should have given a block to 1894 right at the back. Then they should have offered season ticket holders in the two existing singing areas first refusal on half price tickets to move up there. One that was done they could have then sold season tickets and match tickets to people who were people told outright that this was the new atmosphere area.

That would have sorted it massively. You always get that arms-folded/bottom lip out/ I'm-not-moving element who would stay in the existing singing areas too, but they would be taking their lead from the roaring noise behind them which would spread both ways around them at the same time instead of the one way which songs currently spread. Think about it: both singing areas have away fans on one side.

Now they've put rail seating in the lower tiers that ship has sadly sailed but that was the chance, and loads of us pushed hard for it at the time.

We’re also very good away from home, and we don’t have as many 30-50 year old blokes as they do. That’s the entire demographic of that away end, ours are mostly families and we’re still mint away from home.

And he’s twatting fuck out of that drum. It’s not being done properly. After five minutes of that I’d be up smashing the drum over his head and putting the sticks up his arse.

Our fans, same stand, no drum:

I don't condone violence at a footy match but drum violence to a drummer with the inane brain of the Duracell Bunny is justified mate; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.