Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I don’t doubt you mate, but I thought these days that clubs in general get paid more up front and a small percentage of each sale.
Probably but the more you sell will strengthen the clubs bargaining position for deals. People wearing City merchandise all over the world are like a walking advertising board

City v Real was live in a TV channel in Brazil and the noise sounded great (maybe the best one since City v Liverpool in 2019).
A correspondent said it was City's best atmosphere this season and that City fans usually don't sing and whistle opponents like that.

Off topic i know, but it had an average of 447 thousands brazilians watching the game just in Greater São Paulo area (peak of 671k).
City is global ;)

Last edited:
Totally agree mate. I am a deferred STH and didn’t have a membership. I have therefore missed out on games that was members only. I have been going since 1968 and couldn’t get a ticket last night. Hope all the schoolkids from Scotland, and the other tourists enjoyed their night but it shouldn’t be at the expense of old school Blues.
Sorry you missed the game Ian but there were routes for you to secure a ticket. For example, booking a ticket through a Supporters Club Branch if you are a member, asking a fellow Bluemooner to loan their Supporters Number, asking for a face value ticket on here etc.

I had a bloke next to me who had flown in from Senegal for the game.

Loved it. He wasn’t a City fan, but a fan of football in general and filmed loads of it and we discussed the game and had a laugh.

He loved our renditions of Blue Moon and filmed as much as he could.

The world is changing.

good for him, but I don’t think long term that is good, especially for our own fans. Someone probably paying extortionate prices to get a ticket and they aren’t a city fan. If that’s replicated over the ground it’ll mean lots of actual city fans missing out on tickets or being eventually priced out.

we need to find the right balance and thousands of tickets shouldn’t be available from touts/ dodgy websites.

City v Real was live in a TV channel in Brazil and the noise sounded great (maybe the best one since City v Liverpool in 2019).
A correspondent said it was City's best atmosphere this season and that City fans usually don't sing and whistle opponents like that.

Off topic i know, but it had an average of 447 thousands brazilians watching the game just in Great São Paulo area (peak of 671k).
City is global ;)
Sounds like the atmosphere myth has gone global too! City don't sing more or less than any other English team - apart from palace with their "ultras"

There must've been shitloads of fans who support other clubs at the Etihad on Tuesday night, if Cheesy's blog was anything to go by. He had an American fan on who supports City because they're winning, says he'll dump us if we start doing shit, and four Celtic fans who got tickets, two saying Real would win. We are changing massively and only to be expected I guess, not that it makes it better in my eyes

There must've been shitloads of fans who support other clubs at the Etihad on Tuesday night, if Cheesy's blog was anything to go by. He had an American fan on who supports City because they're winning, says he'll dump us if we start doing shit, and four Celtic fans who got tickets, two saying Real would win. We are changing massively and only to be expected I guess, not that it makes it better in my eyes

not sure I agree with your last point, atleast not on the scale your describing. The main reason the crowd was so different on Tuesday was because of season ticket holders/ regular fans not attending. If they attend and the tickets are cheap our crowd is more reflective of our core support.

the Madrid game was the first game for me with lots of non city fans attending like that. Even the spurs game A few years ago was a very different crowd.

champions league crowds are completely different from league or cup crowds. I reckon lots of fans were there because it was Real Madrid

Totally agree mate. I am a deferred STH and didn’t have a membership. I have therefore missed out on games that was members only. I have been going since 1968 and couldn’t get a ticket last night. Hope all the schoolkids from Scotland, and the other tourists enjoyed their night but it shouldn’t be at the expense of old school Blues.
I don't understand why you think you were entitled to a ticket if you didn't get a membership when you deferred your season ticket?

The only way we are changing is that most of those seats would have been empty

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.