Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

You thought the atmosphere was poor?

Give over Dave - it went a bit quiet when they scored but was decent until we scored and then it was fucking fantastic where i was until the end.
The fact radio commentators and other media reporters says it was fantastic gives you a bit of a clue. They NEVER normally report on our atmosphere unless its to criticise.
Poor isn't the right word but I thought it would be better. It was loud with people shouting and roaring but it was kind of a victim of it's own success in some ways. For the first 15 minutes there were 2 and 3 songs going on at once most of the time but when that happens people around the stadium don't join in. After that period all the singing stopped and didn't get going again until we equalised, apart from "Come on City!" of course.

Shouting is important as singing imo. The singing can peter out quickly sometimes tbf but even if you go week after week not everyone knows the words to every song. The lady at the programmes stall was telling me the other week people keep asking about songbooks, so there is interest. Sometimes I think we should just embrace that we have our reserved moments - it's part of the Bertie personality - but either way I thought the atmosphere yesterday was cracking and that it came across at the ground and on telly.

Blow up Champions League trophies - how droll.
I suspect 90% of their following were not alive when they fluked it.
I take great comfort from the fact they will all likely all be dead before they compete for it again.

Here's their outstanding route to the final:
4 games against utter dross to get to the Quarters which they scraped through to - on away goals.
4 games against average 2nd tier sides to make the Final
The FInal where they fluked a win against Bayern Munich with Nigel Spink in net having replaced Rimmer in the 9th minute due to some strange injury then making a string of worldies and MOM performance to prevent them getting spanked.
Peter Withes only clear chance in 90 minutes a free shot from centre of the goals from 5 yards out with the keeper at the near post, completely scuffed the shot which hit the far post and went in.

It seems fates conspire and if your names on it then c'est la vie.

RD 1 - Villa v the mighty Icelandic giants Valur (no me neither) 7 - 0
RD 2 - Villa v East Germany superclub Berliner FC Dynamo (no me neither) 2 - 2 won on away goals in front of a 28k 60% full Villa Park
QF - Villa v Dynamo Kiev then in the USSR 2 - 0
SF - Villa v Anderlecht 1 - 0
FInal - Villa v Bayern Munich 1 - 0

So Yes - 5 competitive matches to WIn it - and they pretend they're some kind of European superclub - just fuckoff you brummie cunts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.