Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Did you read the post?

38,000 fans for me is more than acceptable - seemingly not for Pep.

I don't care about the optics, I care about our manager and ownership being so stupidly detached.

Fans justifying their none attendance should not be required, but Pep's comments, without any prompting from the interviewer, have brought it into the public domain, because that's what HE wanted.

Not that it's anyone's business, but I've earned £40 this week, my income has always gone up and down, lost my business during Covid.

As someone who is rightly proud of being a City fan, I am simply sharing that because there are countless barriers to non-attendance across the board, yet Pep should somehow avoid the ire of people like me and thousands of others who feel smarted by an accusation of a lack of loyalty.

It was a crass attack on the supporter base as a whole, some pseudo reverse psycho ploy in his head, no doubt.

I'm going on Saturday in 93:20 because a family member is treating me to a ticket. My dad and son will be there because I've sorted them some comps.

This is an inner-City football club, with a demographic that Pep and his Catalan bubble are so far removed from.

I blame the club for that. They have focused so much on making everything 'just so' for him to achieve on the pitch, they have taken their eye off what truly made this club special off it.
Well said.

Pep comes out with some appalling comments about the fans.

The way he and his Spanish mates behave to us, it's high time they were told to shut the F up by the big boss man.

What’s all this ‘Pep doesn’t get us’ bollocks ??? It’s laughable.

I’m sure Pep and the players ‘don’t get’ why the Etihad is like a morgue every week with 3 stands in complete silence, empty seats all over the shop, and 20,000 decide the leave on 80 minutes.

We are targeted by other fans because we give them ammunition almost every game. Find it amusing reading 1001 excuses why people don’t turn up when the obvious answer is loads can’t be arsed.

I’m still gobsmacked by some thinking the atmosphere was good last night. It was shite.

Let’s not fanny around here, we have somehow become the worst atmosphere in the Premier League and people seem to want Pep to keep quiet about it.

I agree with a lot of what you say. Our atmosphere has been terrible for a while. We can all count on one hand the number of times we have had a great atmosphere in the last 10 years. In that time with had the most wonderful football, magic players and outstanding goals. We’ve won more trophies than anyone would have believed possible.

It really isn’t about numbers it’s about the noise the fans create. I’ve often thought what our players think of the near-silence. It’s pathetic.

Fans on here can kid themselves, but our team deserves so much more support than they have got over the past few years.

Villa fans have been trying to mock our attendance from last night. Read some comments last night about how Villa Park would be packed to the rafters and rocking if they were in the Champions League (something we'll never know I suppose)
As they love banging on about winning the European Cup 40 years ago here's their attendances

First Round - 20,481
Second Round - 28,175
Qtr Final - 38,579
Semi Final - 38,539

There was a crowd of over 46,000 for the 1981 semi final between City and Ipswich. So none of their European Cup games came near to selling out.
Villa fans have turned into some of the biggest dickheads around over the past few seasons. Considering how big a club they think they are, their attendances have been piss poor on many occasions but when you point this out to them with specific fact-based examples such as the one above, they just use deflection tactics. 38,539 for a European Cup semi-final at a time when their ground held around 46,000 is pathetic. The following season they finished 6th whereas we were relegated. Guess who averaged more?

Well said.

Pep comes out with some appalling comments about the fans.

The way he and his Spanish mates behave to us, it's high time they were told to shut the F up by the big boss man.
Appalling?? The way he behaves to us??
I'd say most of the shite I've read on here today about him is much worse than what he said last night.

What’s all this ‘Pep doesn’t get us’ bollocks ??? It’s laughable.

I’m sure Pep and the players ‘don’t get’ why the Etihad is like a morgue every week with 3 stands in complete silence, empty seats all over the shop, and 20,000 decide the leave on 80 minutes.

We are targeted by other fans because we give them ammunition almost every game. Find it amusing reading 1001 excuses why people don’t turn up when the obvious answer is loads can’t be arsed.

I’m still gobsmacked by some thinking the atmosphere was good last night. It was shite.

Let’s not fanny around here, we have somehow become the worst atmosphere in the Premier League and people seem to want Pep to keep quiet about it.
Can’t disagree.

If we made good noise and didn’t leave early en mass every week, there’d be nothing for Pep to say.

I am glad Pep’s called us out, it’s about time we were called out for it. Mocking from Rags and Scousers doesn’t seem to be doing the trick so hopefully Pep’s words do. Hopefully it might shake us up a bit! I think our fanbase needs shaking up. We’ve gone stale, singing out of date songs, got about a dozen songs we sing and that’s it, got no City songs bar the same list we had a quarter of a century ago...

A shake up is needed in our stands!

The club don’t help because they’re the ones who ruined our fanbase to be honest, but we still have more than enough going to games to make a racket instead of 3½ stands of quiet fans and a few blocks of singers.

Appalling?? The way he behaves to us??
I'd say most of the shite I've read on here today about him is much worse than what he said last night.
Talks to much about empty seats, he gives the media and our opponents far to many negative soundbites.

Most people have taken a huge financial hit over the last 2 years, a multimillionaire criticizing working class fans pisses me off.

Reactions: cbl
Single or double digit seats left in each block bar 313(3rd tier away end) and 314.(strange)

28-F61074-E435-454-E-BBA8-A8-CDCF360-D5-C.png

View attachment 26387

Lets see how many the ticket office and ticket system can shift in the next 3 days.
313 and part of 314 is where the away fans normally are but Saints haven’t taken the full allocation so those went on sale to home fans - hence there was always going to be a lot more to shift in those sections compared to others. Most of the availability in the other sections is down to ST holders sticking their seats up for resale on the ticket exchange. My mate put his on at the weekend and it sold on Monday which is a good sign of decent demand for this game. Should be a good turnout Saturday and ought to officially be a sell out, save for any fans putting ST seats up for resale at the last minute.

It has always baffled me that we continue to sing the Edin Dzeko 5 in a row, the 6-1 & empty seats at home, but yet haven't managed a decent song(s) for David Silva in 11 years, the centurions or domestic treble seasons or even a tune about City dominating English football.

We do need to step our game up at home in that regard, it's a shame because on away days you do hear some decent new ones getting started but they never seem to catch-on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.