Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Talks to much about empty seats, he gives the media and our opponents far to many negative soundbites.

Most people have taken a huge financial hit over the last 2 years, a multimillionaire criticizing working class fans pisses me off.
If we didn’t have them, he wouldn’t be able to comment about them… him commenting might kick start us bringing the club to account for what they’ve done to our stands.

Overly corporate, tourists and tout site tickets, friends and family of players and club employees bring given too many tickets (that aren’t taken up), 11 price rises in 13 years (sometimes as high as 12% markup on the previous year), poor ticket office, poor call centre, poor new digital system to get in, poor communication from the club to the fans, poor road network, poor transport infrastructure, long queues both to get through the turnstiles and to get served at the kiosks, away fans never been in the right place, singing section(s) never been in the right place…

These negative comments can have a positive knock-on effect as we will eventually start kicking off about the reasons why.

However, despite all the reasons why, we still need to strip away from the excuses and take it on the chin that we have not been good enough in the stands ourselves.

If you want to come on here and slag us off and compliment that lot then you should expect some shit mate. If you are a genuine blue then I apologise for calling you the lowest of the low Rag.
I am a genuine city fan & my blood is blue , like yours ,believe me it fuckin hurts to sort of compliment them bigheads tw-ts across the road .
Sometimes i feel the atmosphere can be bang average & we are waiting for the team to score 1st before the singing starts.
Would love it to be an intimidating place to come to ,not just because of the team ,but the crowd to.
& no worries on your thoughts , apologies for my response back.

He "gets us" more than you and some other blues actually. He knows we are now one of the world's biggest and best teams who are targeting all the trophies on offer. He also knows that we are no longer a little parochial club who's season rests on giving our local rivals a bloody nose.
Which isn’t true of those self same rivals, and that’s the bit I love the most..

With a bit of luck he will address what he said in his next PC and hopefully clarify what he meant and we can all move on and continue to watch the best team in the world lifting trophies.
I hope he says nothing more on the subject. He'll only make it worse.

Official UEFA report listing 38K:

View attachment 26391
Bollocks that. There were only about 1200 tickets left yesterday in CB3 when it was taken off the planner. That squared with what I saw in the ground last night - once everyone got in, the only significant numbers of empties were in that section and some of the hospitality areas, along with the away end. I think capacity is limited to around 52,000 for CL games. Take off 3000 in the away end and those 1200 or so in CB3 and you’re left with just short of 48,000

You definitely sound as though you're not arsed..
I know where he's coming from, a manager moaning about fans when 50 thousands plus fans will be turning up for the Southampton game. Pep's just feeding the narrative, opposition fans are actually starting to believe it now.

I am a genuine city fan & my blood is blue , like yours ,believe me it fuckin hurts to sort of compliment them bigheads tw-ts across the road .
Sometimes i feel the atmosphere can be bang average & we are waiting for the team to score 1st before the singing starts.
Would love it to be an intimidating place to come to ,not just because of the team ,but the crowd to.
& no worries on your thoughts , apologies for my response back.
No worries pal, no one wants to be accused of being a rag if you're not one. The atmosphere will never be what is was when we had 22k standing at Main Rd. Part of the match day experience ended with Hillsborough and the all seater stadiums, it has never been the same and never will be again. I thought the singing section did a good job last night considering the lack of opposition in the stands.

As others have said, the fans that go to the games , and I include myself in this need to look at themselves and take it on the chin as to what Pep has said

the atmosphere is shite at 90% of our games

20k people leaving on 80 mins to get back home for god knows what

however, the club needs to do something to address it but it seems like they are only interested in the bottom line and leveraging as much cash as they can out of the day trippers

there is a disconnect between the fans and the board/manager

dont we have a fans committee? why aren’t these points being made and addressed , or is it just a talking shop for the busy cnuts in our fanbase ?

I’m dreading the day that Pep leaves but on the other hand I’m hoping he takes the rest of the board with him so we can have a fresh start and get some passion back into the club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.