Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

The best atmosphere (even better than Derby’s) Iv ever been at in 18 years as a season ticket holder is a league game, when we rattled the dippers In 2019 and won us the league. Absolute cauldron of hate.

I’d say it’s a call to arms. The team will be tired against Soton and we need to back them and push them over the line. I remember days when we were starved of success and would give our right arm for European nights because we were never at the party. Sensitive issue with uefa stuff but as fans we need to embrace these nights and turn up for what is the best City team I’ve ever seen. I back Pep all the way .. he’s maybe trying to change our mentality too with what many perceive as a dig.all the other top English teams seem to have a full house for these games. I think we ought to step up to the plate.on a side note. That bloody stadium announcer does my head in. Turn the PA system right down. He is everything I hate about modern day stadia. Over the topTicket prices Etc etc.
But what would suggest we wouldn't be there for the Southampton game or give it our best? Our support in the league this season has been great, it should be pretty obvious to Pep that City fans will favour league matches over CL matches.

Don’t forgot he was brought in to do a job in winning trophy’s and that is what he has done. What he have to remember is that his heart belongs to one team and that’s barca because who else would get away with saying that he hoped messi would finish his career at Barca when we were really looking at bringing him to city . Not arsed about his comments in the slightest because after all he is our coach and that’s all .
He wants to remember some of Barca’s attendances, as pointed out in this very thread. I hope he didn’t see 30,000 Barca fans weren’t renewing this year even before the covid restrictions were confirmed

I’d say it’s a call to arms.
THIS is a call to arms…

This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne’er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember’d;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.

Henry V, Act IV, Scene III

Pep’s ”call to arms” was more Delia Smith than Shakespeare!

In fact, I might have respected him standing on the pitch and doing that much more than slamming fans to the media!

Personally, I think he should have thanked the fans and said something more like…

“I’m glad we have been able to score an amazing 16 goals in our last 3 home games for the fans who are always here, and have always supported Man City through thick and thin over the years. I think we are playing some good attacking football and for all the talk about ‘no center forward’ I think the players have responded and put that media talking point to bed. Now, it’s on to the Southampton game and I hope we can continue this form for our loyal fans, who turn up every game and who help us raise our game. Southampton are a very good team and we will need our fans behind us to raise our game again, as we enter the 3 games per week stage of the season!”

…or something like that!

To me, it seems like ZERO THOUGHT goes into the comments made. There is no narrative that the Manager, and sometimes even players, understand needs putting across. They all have PR people, and the club spends a small fortune projecting their brand, but they are WOEFUL at projecting the brand through player and club interviews that are usually the most widely watched and disseminated videos created! Instead, it’s City TV “bants” over EA FIFA Ratings….which tells you something about what the Club, and some players, care about!!!

Last edited:
4 games into the season. How can a team be tired already?

There was no hint of tiredness against Leipzig.

Pep used all his subs.

No other PL manager has said their players are tired already.

I’ve only just seen his response rather than just seen it written down and I do think this has been blown significantly out of proportion. He’s got a smile on his face, he’s saying it in a positive manner and it’s only part of a response to a bigger question. He also says it straight after pointing out we’ve scored sixteen goals in the last three games.

He’s right to say the football and his players deserve as packed a house as possible. He doesn’t put any blame on anyone, he’s just saying he wants as many people as possible there. I do think some have taken it too much to heart (and I get it) due to what others will think of it rather than seeing it and taking it at the intention it was meant.

Yes it would have been better if he hadn’t said it in those exact words. I really do think he’ll be annoyed at the way they’ve been latched onto too though.

The best atmosphere (even better than Derby’s) Iv ever been at in 18 years as a season ticket holder is a league game, when we rattled the dippers In 2019 and won us the league. Absolute cauldron of hate.

that was the night the scousers took the piss out of my coat and called me a fat David Cameron. Stood my ground with Gordon Davies Moutshache ready to support me! They may make a good of this one day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.