Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Why do you care? reeks of insecurity.
I take empty seats jibes all day when I’m having a laugh in the pub, I give it back as much as I get it.

But Pep has created a shit storm in the press with his comments. The club have failed to clarify the actual attendance and following Parker’s thoughts, which he was right about, Pep has poured more petrol on the fire.

City and “poor crowds” is all over the sports press now, not because we’ve had a single one since the restrictions being lifted, but because of our manager’s comments.

He picked a game that was a first round group stage game, when the home end was nearly full and the following match is nearly sold out, to make those comments.

He needs telling to shut up.

I love the guy for purely what he’s achieved but I honestly don’t like him as a bloke. He’s like that Thomas Frank at Brentford, a complete odd ball who makes weird comments.

Does he actually think “inviting anyone to come” will make a difference? We were a few hundred tickets off sell out when he made those comments and he’s obviously pissed off whenever we don’t completely sell out, but no club does.

I still hope he retires with us and have no criticism over his ability as a manager but it’s possible to separate the bloke from the manager.

The other fact is, Parker has done more to defend City fans, in the last 24 hours, than the club has done since the Spanish lot turned up

It's funny, when we moved to the new stadium, they didn't mention attendances. They joked about the 'council house'. Post takeover we got the Etihad sponsorship, and some wit joked about the Etihad as 'Emptyhad'. It seems like they've had to lie about our attendances to fit in with the 'joke'.
They wouldn't do that though...would they?
They lie about it because that is all they have now as City are streets ahead of both the dippers and rags on and off the park. Also why would any City fan give a fu&k what other fans think of them, it’s a total non issue being given headlines as the media love an anti city story to feed the football moronic sheep that are rags and dippers.

I take empty seats jibes all day when I’m having a laugh in the pub, I give it back as much as I get it.

But Pep has created a shit storm in the press with his comments. The club have failed to clarify the actual attendance and following Parker’s thoughts, which he was right about, Pep has poured more petrol on the fire.

City and “poor crowds” is all over the sports press now, not because we’ve had a single one since the restrictions being lifted, but because of our manager’s comments.

He picked a game that was a first round group stage game, when the home end was nearly full and the following match is nearly sold out, to make those comments.

He needs telling to shut up.

I love the guy for purely what he’s achieved but I honestly don’t like him as a bloke. He’s like that Thomas Frank at Brentford, a complete odd ball who makes weird comments.

Does he actually think “inviting anyone to come” will make a difference? We were a few hundred tickets off sell out when he made those comments and he’s obviously pissed off whenever we don’t completely sell out, but no club does.

I still hope he retires with us and have no criticism over his ability as a manager but it’s possible to separate the bloke from the manager.

The other fact is, Parker has done more to defend City fans, in the last 24 hours, than the club has done since the Spanish lot turned up
Thicker skin.

So on the one hand we have a universally well regarded, well known, CIty supporting journalist reporting something.

And on the other we have....fuck all.
Universally....

You were doing well up to then.

You stick to exaggeration, I'll stick to what I know to be stone cold facts.

Universally... ha ha ha. You crack me up!

You must have forgot about Mancini scrapping with Mario in training to. Mancini was damaged goods with multiple fallouts within the City squad and the way the season was going he was bound for the exit door.
Happens at every club, it's not a big deal. Football history is littered with playground spats.

If you believe the stories surrounding Mancini's sacking, you'll believe anything. There were a lot worse people around the club at that time than Mancini. There probably still are.

Happens at every club, it's not a big deal. Football history is littered with playground spats.

If you believe the stories surrounding Mancini's sacking, you'll believe anything. There were a lot worse people around the club at that time than Mancini. There probably still are.
I am not taking any sides but Aguero was cool with Mancini because Aguero is cool.

Roberto Mancini "got it" so much that he wanted Kompany & Hart gone and David Silva told the higher ups he wanted to leave if Mancini carried on.

Funny how that bit always gets left out isn't it? 2 of our greatest ever players would have left the club if Mancini kept his job.
City also managed a dismal defence of their PL title leaving a clear run for United. They also contrived to lose the FA Cup final to (the relegation bound) Wigan.

It was blindingly obvious that there were real problems between the playing squad and Mancini.

Which of them do you think are likely to stay for 10 years though?
There's a £200 billion question. First thought would be Dias. So much depends on the club maintaining current standards. Add possible managerial changes, youth hopefully coming through etc it is impossible to say. Going back to 2011, then it would be hard to predict how many of that team would have long term stays. But Barca, Real, Inter, AC. Juve, from a playing point of view are not now a big step up for a player and PSG are mainly a financial attraction so I would think players leaving are limited in choices if they are seeking a step up.

Sky stirring the shit. Kev Parker is a great guy and as big a city fan as any of us. They have just looked to shaft him for a headline but imagine if they’d have asked him what he thought about Pep’s attitude to derbies - mine would have been worse hahaha!! I’m sure Pep and Kev will go for a drink and overpriced tapas at Tast Catana and agree that all we all want is for city to win the prem then the cigars will come out

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.