Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

No they weren't, there wasn't segregation beforehand, for many years, Leeds fans always went in the Platt Lane most others the Scoreboard end before the north stand was built, again can you imagine dividing the Kop up or the one tier at spuds, the old Kippax was one of the largest stands in the country and held half the ground capacity, more than half when the North stand was 1st built.
Many away fans used to go into the old Platt lane, it was very tasty sometimes in there back in the bad old days.

This is going to sound a bit bizarre but you know what would make a significant difference to the overall atmosphere and be a piece of piss to administer? Some sort of audio feedback system where the noise from each signing section was bounced to the back of the other one. I suspect it isn't hard to do with technology.

Most songs that both singing sections join together with spreads around the ground but it happens rarely because of the acoustics and location of the away fans.

Nothing wrong with banter and criticism.

We should be criticized for some of the transfer fees and wages we have paid, I have no issues with that.

It's just the media hate and pure lies that are totally unacceptable and the clubs pathetic meek and mild attitude to it.

Before this takeover our club was universally accepted as having a huge, loyal and humorous support base, so why does the media and even our very own club find it ok to now attack it at every opportunity?

Correct.

Did our new owners not think Etihad would be changed to Emptyhad (by the Rags) before signing the sponsorship deal? ;-)

Unfortunately time moves on. The young social media lot from other clubs don't remember or want to know about our superb and loyal support in the past.

There is no doubt there is an agenda against us, no doubt.

It's our club and it's attitude to it that I have the problem with.

We are a weak and at this moment pathetic in terms of fighting back, it very wrong and needs addressing.
The club give them open goals and free headers and do nothing about it when they score against us.
And of course the out and out lies become the accepted 'truth' when even non tabloid papers start repeating as Gospel something a daft rag schoolboy in Surbiton put on social media.

I can tell you the Club conducted a workshop on Friday, wanting to learn the supporter 'journey'.

They are obviously aware of all the problems and the disconnect between the fans and the club in a few areas.

I told someone they just need to spend a week trying to buy a ticket, trying to contact supporter services, trying to find a car park space or trying to rely on woeful public transport.

The journey lasts a week for most.
You should also have mentioned trying to queue up for a drink and / or food and watch the server balls up the order or give you cold chips. Or even better get into the ground. We had four lanes to our entrance on Saturday, three were literally empty whilst one had a ling queue. Why? Because they had one person searching bags whilst the other three did nothing. I suggested to the lady who had searched me that maybe more than one lane and person should be dedicated the bag searching. Her response was that it had nothing to do with them but it was a club directive! I then suggested she feed back to the club the issues and she just looked at me blankly

You should also have mentioned trying to queue up for a drink and / or food and watch the server balls up the order or give you cold chips. Or even better get into the ground. We had four lanes to our entrance on Saturday, three were literally empty whilst one had a ling queue. Why? Because they had one person searching bags whilst the other three did nothing. I suggested to the lady who had searched me that maybe more than one lane and person should be dedicated the bag searching. Her response was that it had nothing to do with them but it was a club directive! I then suggested she feed back to the club the issues and she just looked at me blankly

No surprise mate. The blind being led by the blind.

Genuinely curious, as I might have a small chance of relaying this to someone at the club...what does everyone think all the problems are currently re the matchday experience, the issues around attendance/atmosphere etc are and what would you do about them? All suggestions welcome.

No surprise mate. The blind being led by the blind.
It was the most ridiculous thing ever. Three lanes empty with three stewards doing the square root of FA whilst one person had a queue of about 30 people. Talk about stupidity of the highest order. Don't know why the club doesn't employ me to sort the issues out. At least I have some idea of what the fans face each week and know what to do to sort.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.