Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I’m taking the piss out of your hypocrisy and whinging, Im just making sure that your constant sniping of our fans on this thread after EVERY home game is not just hot air and you are practicing what you preach by supporting “the proper way” by singing non stop at games.

If you are not which I suspect you don’t, then that is proper oddball behaviour.

You make more noise on here about the lack of noise in the stadium then you actually do at the games.

Sorry pal, shouldn’t have called you an ‘oddball’.

Didn’t mean to touch a nerve either!

Thanks for questioning my intelligence but if you read carefully I have blamed the club in part. As for taking two hours to Glossop I suggest you go a different way. Took me half as long to drive home after Leicester than it did Leeds. Mainly due to less traffic on the road and the fact people left early again. Did you stop on the way for a pint? I have plenty of empathy but explain how, when it suits, we have a full ground at the full whistle but most of the time it’s probably only half full at best. Everyone moans about the beer so why the rush at half time. Can’t people go without and stay in their seats. You don’t see people leaving a theatre or cinema half way through for a pint.

An hour of the drive was stand still in the car park.

I don't know why people can't go without their pint. As I said, I'm in my seat 1-45 and 45-90 and take advantage of the token system... But I'm not going to moan about how others match routine takes shape because I have better things to occupy myself with rather than getting my feelings hurt by opposition songs.

Wasn’t as good as the Leeds game but it was half decent…

then we scored the 4th and it went flat.

Then you had the Leicester fans who had been quiet all game so far singing about us being quiet, ignoring what it was like 10/15 mins before.

glad we got the 5th as nerves were creeping back in but then the crowd came back to generate some noise.

soon as we got the 6th mind you, the amount of people who got up left was a strange one
Yep, was a party atmosphere when the goals were flying in during the first half. I noticed a fair few songs started from areas other than SS1 too, plus good to see all areas of the ground join in with the Poznan. The new Cancelo song was quality and got loads of airtime in the South Stand.

It did go flat before half time and immediately after as it often can and before the fans got back into it, Leicester scored those 3 unanswered goals. There isn’t a fanbase in the country that would be singing in anything like decent numbers if they’d just seen their team pegged back to 4-3 from 4-0 in the space of 10 minutes. Leicester fans were quiet as mice before they started making a game of it, and anyone saying it’s the longest quiet spell from our fans they’ve ever witnessed either has a selective memory or hasn’t attended very many games.

We were reasonable around the goals going in today, but it has to be said that there was a stretch of around 35 minutes in the middle of the game where I think it must be a record for the longest silent spell I’ve ever heard in a football stadium.

It’s no wonder Leicester scored 3 goals and got back in the game, we were utterly silent in the stands from about the 28th minute.

Bloody awful atmosphere!
So a quiet spell from the crowd caused Leicester to score three goals in ten minutes?

What happened last season when no-one was in the grounds?

Candidate for for the silliest posting of the year?

An hour of the drive was stand still in the car park.

I don't know why people can't go without their pint. As I said, I'm in my seat 1-45 and 45-90 and take advantage of the token system... But I'm not going to moan about how others match routine takes shape because I have better things to occupy myself with rather than getting my feelings hurt by opposition songs.
Sounds like you're lucky with the token system. In the 2nd tier we have more tills than pumps so half the time of the staff is spent waiting for the pump to be free! The place is an absolute joke and seems to get worse season on season.

Well he’s not going to sing on his own is he? There comes a point when the towel gets thrown in on trying to get songs going as most people as a rule aren’t interested. As for your Boca Juniors comment, that’s not what people are saying, but deadly silence for 30 odd minutes when we’re top of the league, 4-0 up, first Boxing Day fixture in years, it’s not unreasonable to criticise that. I know, free world, can’t tell people what to do, yada yada, but it’s is a comment about our fans in general.
My issue is when we're 4 nil up, sing if you want to and don't if you don't want too, but when the score went to 4 3 that is the time the crowd needs to get behind the team and bring them home, all I heard was silence at that time. Even the the bloke that does sing near us sat down and shut up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.