Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Should be capped at £300 for season tickets and £30 for match tickets. If they did that they’d need to build a 67,500 stadium as the demand would be so high.

Then charge hospitality a fortune.

Like the modern railways, the idea is to maximise profits, not provide capacity for all.

If they could maximise income with 15,000 people paying £250 each, that's what they'd set up for.

I would be genuinely amazed if they increased capacity with the idea of getting more people in via the route of cheap seats.

We were reasonable around the goals going in today, but it has to be said that there was a stretch of around 35 minutes in the middle of the game where I think it must be a record for the longest silent spell I’ve ever heard in a football stadium.

It’s no wonder Leicester scored 3 goals and got back in the game, we were utterly silent in the stands from about the 28th minute.

Bloody awful atmosphere!

We were reasonable around the goals going in today, but it has to be said that there was a stretch of around 35 minutes in the middle of the game where I think it must be a record for the longest silent spell I’ve ever heard in a football stadium.

It’s no wonder Leicester scored 3 goals and got back in the game, we were utterly silent in the stands from about the 28th minute.

Bloody awful atmosphere!
Have to agree, the club must know there is a problem, it is becoming very obvious now, and it's very frustrating to fans that want to contribute towards a good loud atmosphere but feel they are pissing in the wind

No trains so I had to drive.

I'll join in when a song gets going but I'm not very animated when I've not had a drink. Suspect a fair few were in my position but that's not the point as the atmosphere has been an issue for a while.

The club doesn't give a single gram of a fuck. If they did, they'd sort out the queues for booze as that's why we have a mass exodus at 35 mins in ssl3. Not me, but that's where they're all going as even with tokens it's mahem at half time. If they gave a fuck, they'd make sure that there were enough trams on and put some money towards improving the traffic flow, as that's why we have a mass exodus at 80 mins. Also they'd scrap mandatory mobile ticketing and improve supporter services. Then once those are solved, move the away fans so the singing sections are united or some other solution.

But they don't give a fuck, their focus is on corporate and tunnel club. They put on a load of fluff like the city Square shows and think the average season ticket holder should be grateful.

The club are completely out of touch and they have no interest in hearing about it.

They'll blame the fans for being apathetic, opposition support will laugh at the support for being fucking shit, blues will blame other blues. But it's the hierarchy at the club who's to blame. And it's only going to get worse.

Last edited:
The atmoshphere for the first 30 minutes of the second half was pathetic, and Leicester and their fans took the piss singing our support is shit, (not the first team to do so), no reply from the City fans, and 3 goals scored by them. Whats up, over 2 to 3,000 standing City fans behind the goals, no effort to have a go back, and no backing of the team, pathetic, I am a FOC but when I stood on the Kippax that would never happen, no away fans came and took the piss but it happens all the time and more so this season. The standing section has had an adverse affect, in nearly 20 years at the Etihad it has never been so bad. Only one section next to the away fans have a go, but the rest need to move out and make way for fans who want to be vocal, forget this idea that we need a new place in the stadium, or people leaving early has an affect, no its down to the fans who are now standing up to get behind the team, they can get the ground going but they dont appart from a small group, its pathetic, if you dont want to get vocal move to the family stand.

We really don’t have a singing section this is the issue. What fans do try & get it going are split over 3 levels & 2 stands. Pointless & feel sorry for them as they do try.

I find it bizarre the club have not dealt with this yet. Just create a full singing section behind the goals. What we call the kippax corner does not work. Fans in this section get in very Late & go early & probs fits about 500 fans max next to the away support which is ridiculous. Price it right & get key leaders in the stand to get it going. Not difficult

big factor is the music the club piss about with every week! Who ever chooses the music or creates the intros needs to seriously sort it out. This season we have no signature tune! Again not difficult. We do nothing to rally the support.

from what I hear & see on tv most home support is Toss at all grounds to be honest.

our away support is one of the best in the league which is a positive :-)

Bloody awful atmosphere!
Got to say for a 6-3 game it was pretty quiet

The atmoshphere for the first 30 minutes of the second half was pathetic, and Leicester and their fans took the piss singing our support is shit, (not the first team to do so), no reply from the City fans, and 3 goals scored by them. Whats up, over 2 to 3,000 standing City fans behind the goals, no effort to have a go back, and no backing of the team, pathetic, I am a FOC but when I stood on the Kippax that would never happen, no away fans came and took the piss but it happens all the time and more so this season. The standing section has had an adverse affect, in nearly 20 years at the Etihad it has never been so bad. Only one section next to the away fans have a go, but the rest need to move out and make way for fans who want to be vocal, forget this idea that we need a new place in the stadium, or people leaving early has an affect, no its down to the fans who are now standing up to get behind the team, they can get the ground going but they dont appart from a small group, its pathetic, if you dont want to get vocal move to the family stand.
The away support are boring as fuck same old shit " mendy she said no " where were you etc"
"Like being in church"
Yawn

Serious issue at the ground these days is the lack of atmosphere. The team is playing the best football ever seen in England yet fans fuck off at 35 mins and 80 mins regardless of the score. Band holiday, no schools, 3pm start yet still people disappear early. Wouldn’t mind if it was below freezing or pissing down. Strange that when we have a trophy presentation nobody leaves. Half hearted attempts at singing occasionally, no interest in getting behind the team and even less to applaud them off at the end. Had a spare ticket today but couldn’t sell it as who was going to pay £60 and that’s one of the main issues. Season card prices and match day prices need to come down significantly, and standing area needs to be unreserved seating so that groups of mates can stand together. And while I am ranting, get rid of the awful music before the game and Natalie Pike at half time.

The atmosphere was good for half an hour and then dipped but at 4-0 up against mid table nobodies why would the place be bouncing ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.