Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Too many “spectators” at City and not enough “supporters”. I always sing at the match but invariably unless I’m near the chanters behind the goal and in East Stand corner im pretty much on my tod. Its strange why it’s frequently so flat but there must be a reason for it. Could it be the age demographic of our fan base, just a thought. We know that Liverpool is always pumpin but clubs like Newcastle, Leicester, Villa, West Ham, Spurs, Brentford ffs all generate a better atmosphere at home matches. Perplexing to say the least
Do you sing hymns mourning the Juve fans murdered by your fans

Yikes, some weirdos have been drinking the anfield kool-aid. The best example for me of how overrated their support is was when PSG went there in 2018 for the CL group stage. The PSG away fans badly out sung the dipper frauds the ENTIRE game. This was notable because PSG was trailing most of the 90 minutes and DGAF. The "atmosphere" is nothing but a myth.

As I listened to the umpteenth rendition of the dull as ditchwater “you’ll never sing that” chant it consoled me to think that the similarly shite “John terry he’s won more than you” song is now consigned to the dustbin of history

The kids in South stand did well. Good fun. I still can't figure out why we kick toward family stand in second half but we gave them everything we had second half. Shame the we didn't play one step beyond at full time (like last season) but we gave it to them all game. Well done, we were vocal throughout.

Not read through the comments, but I suspect a few are rather negative and off the mark.

Early/12.30 kick offs are notorious for poor atmospheres at any PL ground, not just at the Etihad.
The match was hardly end to end. Chelsea were defending for most of the match. With the game being played out mostly in midfield.
It was a tense match. 1 goal either way was always going to win it. There were only a couple of clear cut chances.(for both sides)
The 1st half wasn't great, I'll admit that. The 2nd half was much better.
After Kev scored the Etihad was rocking. Especially towards the inflatable CL trophy waving Chelsea fans.
Towards the end of the game the nerves kicked in again.
Not a patch on the Leeds atmosphere. But not the worst atmosphere either. Just wait until Brentford for that. ;-)

Is this a library? it certainly is the home of the most watchable team for many a year and educational for our visitors . We sung a lot more when we were crap and there really wasnt anything else to do or watch .
I agree totally. I often think we’re so engrossed with watching the amazing football that singing sometimes goes out of the window! It’s mesmerising

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.