Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Well said!
Then you have a thread crying about Chelsea fans bringing inflation CL trophies. That's the type of thing that creates an atmosphere at football.
That ended up a bit of a non event.
Was expecting hundreds but all I saw was a couple of dozen.
Love a one step beyond against them.
Leaving the stadium Chelsea were the quietest fans in South 3 for a while.
Usually away fans make a right racket but not yesterday.

That ended up a bit of a non event.
Was expecting hundreds but all I saw was a couple of dozen.
Love a one step beyond against them.
Leaving the stadium Chelsea were the quietest fans in South 3 for a while.
Usually away fans make a right racket but not yesterday.
Actually thought the atmosphere was pretty good yesterday. Its always a bit on a knife edge in a big game but I think the fans played a part in getting the team over the line.

Poor atmosphere for the biggest home game of the season so far. After we scored it was great but at 0-0 it was quiet and it was 0-0 for 77% of the game.

SSL1 sang a bit but were constantly drowned out by Chelsea fans in SSL3. At times we could see that City fans in SSL1 were clapping along to some songs but what they were was a mystery as we couldn’t hear them. What could the rest of the ground join in with when they can’t tell what song has started half the time?

But even when we could hear SSL1, a lot of the rest of the ground made no effort to join in anyway. It’s shit when you have a few of you in your block who try and join in with songs that have started in the singing areas only for 95% of the rest of your block to never bother at all.

ESL1 corner near the away fans were quiet yesterday. When that area sings, it travels around the ground much better than songs in SSL1, but I thought they were better against Leeds and not much came from there yesterday.

Poor atmosphere for the biggest home game of the season so far. After we scored it was great but at 0-0 it was quiet and it was 0-0 for 77% of the game.

SSL1 sang a bit but were constantly drowned out by Chelsea fans in SSL3. At times we could see that City fans in SSL1 were clapping along to some songs but what they were was a mystery as we couldn’t hear them. What could the rest of the ground join in with when they can’t tell what song has started half the time?

But even when we could hear SSL1, a lot of the rest of the ground made no effort to join in anyway. It’s shit when you have a few of you in your block who try and join in with songs that have started in the singing areas only for 95% of the rest of your block to never bother at all.

ESL1 corner near the away fans were quiet yesterday. When that area sings, it travels around the ground much better than songs in SSL1, but I thought they were better against Leeds and not much came from there yesterday.
Yeah, Leeds was lively wasn’t it?

Yeah, Leeds was lively wasn’t it?
Was a good one that. I know we’d only played them twice in 18 years or something and they’re a bit of a local rival, but yesterday was against the highest placed team we’ve played at home this season so thought it would be similar.

Was a good one that. I know we’d only played them twice in 18 years or something and they’re a bit of a local rival, but yesterday was against the highest placed team we’ve played at home this season so thought it would be similar.
Comparing the two I can only guess the difference might be because:
1. Leeds supporters brought more to the party themselves than Chelsea
2. Nerves until we got that goal, as it was a crucial game in terms of a win completely breaking them for the title
3. Early KO/ lack of ale consumed

But just guessing though tbh.

That’s the best I’ve heard Chelsea fans to be fair, but didn’t hear much of them after we scored.

The atmosphere was decent for a 12.30 kick off from the City end.

I remember derbies with a 12.30 kick off with worse atmospheres than that (even when we were shit).

And post Kippax being all seated, it was above average for an atmosphere at a home game.

Not exactly spine-tingling, but since proper standing was outlawed, a brilliant atmosphere from a home crowd at any ground is the exception rather than the rule.

I think people are perhaps over-estimating what a decent home atmosphere sounds like in 2022

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.