Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

The flags before kick off looked good, and I wouldn’t describe myself as being particularly “green”, but aren’t they quite wasteful?

Song choice has been mentioned a lot on here and it really made a difference last night. Blue Moon, We’re Not Really Here, Come on City, We Love you City….

It’s no coincidence they always attract the most participants, instead of singing about Dzeko (as much as I loved him!)
Love the Edin Dzeko song but it's clearly not about him. It's about celebrating one our teams greatest ever achievements against one of our fiercest rivals. That's why it's appropriate to sing at any City match

Love the Edin Dzeko song but it's clearly not about him. It's about celebrating one our teams greatest ever achievements against one of our fiercest rivals. That's why it's appropriate to sing at any City match
No issue with the song at all mate, was just making the point that it’s not one the rest of the ground joins in with.

so...as a longtime 'atmosphere' complainer...well done last night. I thought it was good - not the very best - but excellent in sustained patches. Although...very pissed off I only got a little bit of shite blue (not very sustainable) plastic rather than a flag in CBL3...but a few observations...

Unlike others where I am (Row C, 325) its mostly the same folk all around me - the odd tourist - but same folks more or less from the start of the Etihad (we seemed to have all been moved over as a block from Maine Road) - and yes we are all very old - but god bless them for having a great singsong last night - so if it wasn't loud elsewhere in the CB - we were doing our very best - including 86 year old Doris who sits in front of me who waved her crappy bit of Blue plastic all night.

As for Tourists and the detested half and half brigade - maybe I am getting less grumpy - I still want to grab their scarves and set fire to them...but in fairness...as others have said they do try and make a noise (even if they don't know all the songs) and they stay to the very end and applaud the boys off the pitch, whilst many regulars are already in the Orange CarPark queue. Still would rather it was full of non-tourists...

Finally, please stop that fucking DJ shite....what the fuck is that all about???

Looking forward to being trapped in a metal cage and made to wait for 3 hours to get back to the hotel next week...

Yes it is very strange take not welcoming everyone to watch the blues.

CL games has a better atmosphere fewer people leave early. So where lies the problem ?

I am one of these bloody foreigner,
reading some stoff here makes my feel not welcome but when I go to see my beloved blues been since 1977 I am a tourist and I love it .
They're like Nigel Farage little Englanders on this forum. Fortunately most of our fanbase isn't like that. Hope you've never felt unwelcome at the game

If nothing else, at least night proved again that we can reach really good levels. It’s just the $64,000 question as to how we replicate it in the lower profile games.
I think we've proved it's not possible due to the design flaws and poor acoustics of the stadium to raise a good atmosphere at lower profile games

Will you give me £5 of my nect 7 curries and 10 % of all my drinks too? If so we have a deal.
So you’d have to buy 7 curries to get your £35 back?

I tell you what’s a better deal for you than that: keep your £35 and you can buy a curry as and when you like

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.