Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Nothing wrong with the atmosphere today , nerves were evident in the crowd but that’s natural ( especially for those who’ve been doing this for years ) . Geordies we’re under no pressure on or off the pitch .

Nothing wrong with the atmosphere today , nerves were evident in the crowd but that’s natural ( especially for those who’ve been doing this for years ) . Geordies we’re under no pressure on or off the pitch .
Thought it was less nervy than against Brighton. The two first half goals helped that though.

First 20 mins of the second half was the loudest we’ve been for a league game against a mid table team for a while (rags excluded).

Lowest top-flight average attendance in NUFC history: 21k in 87-88 (ie pre-Premier League).
Ww averaged 22k+ in our 88-89 relegation season and 21k+ in Div Two 89-90. You averaged just over 22k in the Premier League one season in the 90s.
So I'm interested to know at which point we "only sold 10000 for years".
But hey, don't let facts get in the way.
Unloyal. I was there.

Lowest top-flight average attendance in NUFC history: 21k in 87-88 (ie pre-Premier League).
Ww averaged 22k+ in our 88-89 relegation season and 21k+ in Div Two 89-90. You averaged just over 22k in the Premier League one season in the 90s.
So I'm interested to know at which point we "only sold 10000 for years".
But hey, don't let facts get in the way.
We did, but the Kippax was demolished and being rebuilt. Our capacity that season was 24,000

Literally no other NUFC fan I spoke to in the lead-up to the game (a fair few of whom were going down today) seriously predicted anything other than a battering, expecially after the Scousers slipped up. We've beaten one team in the top half of rhe table all season.
Christ, just enjoy your day and your team, who are just magnificent. Why have a pop at away fans for singing about being owned now by someone who isn't Mike Ashley?
To be honest I thought Newcastle fans were very loud today. One of the best this season considering you were getting beat heavily.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.