Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Apologies if this has already been posted on this thread or the post match thread. I just found it on Twitter.

I played this with the volume setting at 50%. Just listen to how loud the Etihad is. Compare it to Sky's coverage. You can draw your own conclusions as to why there's no comparison between the two.

I don’t speak a word of Arabic but that’s the best commentary I’ve heard on a City game for over 20 years.

I don’t speak a word of Arabic but that’s the best commentary I’ve heard on a City game for over 20 years.

I was there it was deafening. Of course it's easy to say after the event but when the first goal went in you could sense it was on, the crowd felt it. At 2-2 you just knew we'd do it, we'd gone from a timid nervous team to an unstoppable force and ,Villa were put right back into their fucking box

Bloke near me leaves every week on 80 mins and he left right after it went to 2-0.

I don’t know if he actually left the ground but he didn’t come back to his seat.
Nah his Mrs would’ve had his guts for garters. Don’t feel sorry for him one bit.

The way that I choose to react and behave at the game is up to me. At 2-0 down I was hoping they’d do it, but I was sat quietly reflecting on 40 years of going to the games…after our first goal went in I was pretty vocal for rest of game. I reacted to the events though- not to the screeching banshee three rows behind who seemed to think it was his personal job to shout at anyone not singing. Prick.
Block 127.

Sunday was as loud as I can ever remember it! The 93.20 moment seemed to pass by in a flash and I got lost in it, whereas on Sunday the noise built over a sustained period until it was enveloped the whole stadium and people I had never heard sing, couldn't stop. It was incredible!!

I get choked just thinking about it.

So we know that the vast majority of fans can stay for 90 mins plus injury time. We also know that we can create a good atmosphere without a single tier stand and without kicking thousands of season card holders out of the North Stand.

I’m not sure why moving peole from 202 - 204 is an outrage but kicking out thousands of season card holders for at least a season is great.

Anyway, Sunday was unique but there has been improvements in the atmosphere this season compared with recent years. The Safe Standing seems to have helped a bit.

Don't you just hate jobsworths. They could of let you back in, they must know how much this win meant to you and your lads.
Stewards in the ground were 'didn't do my jobsworths'. 90% never tried at all to stop a single pitch invader 10% only tried half heartedly from our view point on EL3.

So we know that the vast majority of fans can stay for 90 mins plus injury time. We also know that we can create a good atmosphere without a single tier stand and without kicking thousands of season card holders out of the North Stand.

I’m not sure why moving peole from 202 - 204 is an outrage but kicking out thousands of season card holders for at least a season is great.

Anyway, Sunday was unique but there has been improvements in the atmosphere this season compared with recent years. The Safe Standing seems to have helped a bit.

in a one off game like Sunday of course we can create a great atmosphere. That should be expected. Win the league on the last game, surely it would be good.

long term a single tier stand would make a huge difference. They’ve already kicked out thousands of fans through corporate areas, pricing and removing seats as it is.

we need a proper home end in my opinion. Not what we have now, which is a few blocks split by away fans and a north stand that’s often not full

Last edited:
The way that I choose to react and behave at the game is up to me. At 2-0 down I was hoping they’d do it, but I was sat quietly reflecting on 40 years of going to the games…after our first goal went in I was pretty vocal for rest of game. I reacted to the events though- not to the screeching banshee three rows behind who seemed to think it was his personal job to shout at anyone not singing. Prick.
Block 127.
I am of the opinion that crowds lift players and players lift crowds. We did our jobs pre-match and in the opening 20, and when it is down to 2-0 it's the job of the players to make something happen - which they did. Fair play to anyone who can sing their hearts out in a must win game 2-0 down, but I can't. And I'm a vocal person in grounds.

I'll hold my hands up after the 1st villa goal I sung bluemoon as loud as my voice would let.

After the second villa goal I had a moment, sat on my seat with my head in my heads. I was gone.

Our first goal I celebrated abit, but the second I went mental and the third was of the scale. It was like an outer body experience, couldnt believe what happened.

My voice is still not right, l have an awful cough now which hurts my hernia !

Being in the south stand the atmosphere was great abit grumpy at certain points and I felt we need to get of the players backs at some points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.