Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Atmosphere is better the closer the result is, 2-1, 1-1, 3-2 etc Running away with it 4-0 first half leads to quiet games.
Agree with this over recent seasons, but actually this season we *have* had several close games, needed to "come from behind" etc ... and the crowd still often hasn't been as loud as you'd expect.
Latest example being Everton.

Who in the UK calls the Premier League the EPL !

Nope, change is always good it just doesn't have to be the pant-wetting Ultra bollocks that you so desire.

And therein lies the Issue with Ultras. It's not so much the about the Club, is their narcisstic view that they know best and are somehow better than other fans who don't subscribe to their view. They also want to think they can speak for all fans and become some sort of leader.

We have City Matters already, we also have comms from the club to ST holders and I'd rather we listened to view of those who actually attend the games rather than from people on Social media who have never been to a game?

Can I ask, you've been on BM for only a few months and in that time you've never posted about a favourite player, a memory from past games, the bald fraud, price of beer in the ground, title race predictions, comments on a game, price of season tickets, etc etc etc . You've only ever posted in the Etihad redevelopment section and the atmosphere section...

.....and always Ultras, Ultras fucking Ultras !

Do you run your own Man City Social channel by any chance or any football channel or City fan group? What age demographic do you represent? How often do you come to games? It might help me understand why you seem to think that anyone who doesn't drink from the kult of ultra cup is stuck in the past.
I think he’s a United or Liverpool plant, trying to drive the idea of Ultras into our fanbase so when we end up with a load of twats who look like this:

99A41613-4A41-41C5-8305-67B92627CA59.jpeg

…all stood together at games, they’ve got something new to take the piss out of us over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have posted on BM many times that 1894 have been having regular meetings with the club for over 9 years now, we all speak to the club but a dare say im the one that speaks to them most. I know what a good atmosphere is and what it takes to make a crap one better, started my city supporting in 1979 and have seen lots of games at maine road, away from home, you name it. Intelligent ? Well some would disagree !! I stand at the back of 115, have done since we moved there, i have probably been involved in every display that has been done in the south stand. You wont see me on social media, i have never got involved in any of that shite. But 1894 are wide across most social media.

We get fantastic backing from the club, we get fantastic backing off a lot of fans, so grateful of the support we get. But a very large percentage of our support in the the stadium does not buy in to working to get a better atmosphere. The great vocal fans are out numbered by the silent ones, this is the number one issue that we have been up against for 9 years. Fans look for faults such as tourists / beer / transport / a "drum" that will go up somebodies arse / and it seems fans will only sing if tickets come down in price. ( i do agree that the north stand needs to offer the best price tickets to encourage singing fans to move there, BUT and it is a massive BUT, as jrb said we dont want fans to move there just for cheap tickets or again we will face the same problems )

We have probably put more effort into working on a better atmosphere than most other clubs supporters groups, our fans need to take a good look at themselves and realise they need to sing more. Fine example and could somebody on here answerer this ? Why VS everton did the whole of the south stand lower punch the air with "haaland haaland haaland" then stay quite for most of the first half ?

I have seen a few people post about the united singing section that has sprung up recently. I know one of the guys that helped organise it, they actually did less than what we do to put the word about but got far more fans wanting to move in, they did very little. There was no question of ticket prices or wanting to stay where they already where to be with their mates, it was purely "the fans wanted to sing for the team, they had wanted it for a while. Now like rangers they have fans waiting to go in.

No matter what we call the new end, no matter where the away fans are, regardless of the drum rumours which arent true, there is a massive last chance to get a singing section in a couple of years so MOVE IN and sing.
Good post in the main, but you talk about our atmosphere like it’s a problem.

In general, after we’ve come out of the back of lockdowns, our atmospheres at the Etihad have been much better than they were before lockdowns and about the best they’ve been since the FA Cup and Premier League wins under Mancini.

We only really now have a problem with our atmosphere in the range of songs we sing (just the same few songs over and over all the time and such a lack of proper City chants, there was one game - think it was Sevilla at home - where the word ‘City’ was only chanted once in the entire game), games like Brentford and Everton where our fans didn’t get behind the team when we needed to most (even though we did against Fulham in exactly the same situation - 1-1 late in the game pushing for a winner), and Group Stage CL games where our support treat them the same as an EFL Cup third round game against Yeovil.

Other than that, there’s been much more of a buzz around the Etihad in the last 18 months and our atmosphere has been good to brilliant in a lot of games. Even at 0-2 down against Palace this season the ground was up for it.

The other problem are posters in this thread who don’t even live in Britain never mind ever go to the Etihad coming on this thread and telling us our atmosphere is shit, we have too many fans living in the past and we need to embrace a change (that nobody I know and my group of City mates and family members who go range from 21 years old to 75 wants).

The Everton atmosphere was absolutely pathetic last week, but it was very much in the minority over the last 18 months.

Arsenal atmosphere has been class tbf this season
The other end of the ground actually get more songs going around the ground than to their new Gervais black t-shirt end do. I’ve noticed the rest of the ground don’t really join in with the Gervais lot even though they do seem to sing all game, it’s still ‘and it’s Aaaaarsenal, Aaaaaarsenal FC…’ that goes round the ground much more than any ‘allez allez allez’ does.

How to drum properly without the dreaded continual bashing of a drum many fans dislike.(on here ;-) )

In rhythm with the chant, mixing the drum beat up with the chant, in and out of the chant, and at the end of the chant letting the fans finish the chant off.

Last edited:
I think he’s a United or Liverpool plant, trying to drive the idea of Ultras into our fanbase so when we end up with a load of twats who look like this:

View attachment 65488

…all stood together at games, they’ve got something new to take the piss out of us over.
I'm all for a few David Brent's in the crowd. Bit of humour and some creative chants. I'm sure we'd have one for Erling by now.

Looks towards Gareth.... 'go get the guitar'.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
The other end of the ground actually get more songs going around the ground than to their new Gervais black t-shirt end do. I’ve noticed the rest of the ground don’t really join in with the Gervais lot even though they do seem to sing all game, it’s still ‘and it’s Aaaaarsenal, Aaaaaarsenal FC…’ that goes round the ground much more than any ‘allez allez allez’ does.
Yh there ultras are very small in numbers you can't hear a great amount at arsenal games the atmosphere does seem to come from the opposite end more. I am a fan of ultras though been to a few games abroad and sat near them and it's like a whole new world in terms of atmosphere compared to the English game we used to be the best in Europe now we are miles behind

I was in the kippax corner today. Thought the atmosphere in the south stand was better than any recent premier league game.

Not having away fans in level 1 made a huge difference, as you could hear the rest of the south stand and that away block was full of people who were joining in.

The Chelsea fans were sometimes loud, but very boring with their chants

Shout out to the women outside the ground in wheelchair with the big speakers ‘f off you cockney bastards’ haha

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.