Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

I think the amount of disagreement on here is probably indicative of why the crowd can't pull in the same direction in the ground. There's little unity really.

Im ambivalent to the orchestrated Vs natural chants/atmos, I like both, I see the benefits of both. The Poznan is an interesting blend of doing something that requires mass organisation on the spur of the moment.

Finally, a lot of English people have huge hang ups about singing and making noise. I'm not sure where that odd cultural characteristic has come from.

I think the amount of disagreement on here is probably indicative of why the crowd can't pull in the same direction in the ground. There's little unity really.

Im ambivalent to the orchestrated Vs natural chants/atmos, I like both, I see the benefits of both. The Poznan is an interesting blend of doing something that requires mass organisation on the spur of the moment.

Finally, a lot of English people have huge hang ups about singing and making noise. I'm not sure where that odd cultural characteristic has come from.
I’m an FOC so maybe my perspective is different these days, but I just don’t think it’s in the City fans DNA to have ‘Ultras’ and a Capo. I honestly think it would fizzle out after half a dozen games at the maximum. I say this having spent all of my formative years standing on the Kippax. It just doesn’t seem right. Yep I’m an oldie but goldie and I sing & shout but some people just want to go the game and watch the football, and not have a drum being banged all match and someone with megaphone telling them what to sing. When to sing it and when to clap. I personally wouldn’t want to be anywhere remotely near it.

I’m an FOC so maybe my perspective is different these days, but I just don’t think it’s in the City fans DNA to have ‘Ultras’ and a Capo. I honestly think it would fizzle out after half a dozen games at the maximum. I say this having spent all of my formative years standing on the Kippax. It just doesn’t seem right. Yep I’m an oldie but goldie and I sing & shout but some people just want to go the game and watch the football, and not have a drum being banged all match and someone with megaphone telling them what to sing. When to sing it and when to clap. I personally wouldn’t want to be anywhere remotely near it.

What is city fans DNA in terms of atmosphere though?

I would have said react to the score line, get behind the team when we are losing, sit and watch the game… a lot of that we don’t actually do anymore. There’s been loads of games where we need a goal and the crowd make no noise at all (Everton the other day) or we’ve been 3-0 up and stayed silent. Is that the traditional city atmosphere now?

We don’t need a drum or megaphone, but we could easily copy elements of what ultras do. 500 people signing non stop for 90 minutes or flag/tifo displays - I’d say that is in line with what we did in the past.

The kippax proper was 40/ 50 years ago and that atmosphere doesn’t exist now. So we need to think differently and create something relevant to today.

Every other club struggles with their atmosphere. It's just the papers that tell us different. We will all be up for the Chelsea game tomorrow and I just can't get my head around all the negativity? Arsenal only ever sing Arsenal, Arsenal with Chelsea being the exactly the same? The mob down the road are only up for the so called big games, otherwise it's actually a library? Let's just go, stop the moaning and help support our team?

Atmosphere is better the closer the result is, 2-1, 1-1, 3-2 etc Running away with it 4-0 first half leads to quiet games.

Reactions: PPT
Every other club struggles with their atmosphere. It's just the papers that tell us different. We will all be up for the Chelsea game tomorrow and I just can't get my head around all the negativity? Arsenal only ever sing Arsenal, Arsenal with Chelsea being the exactly the same? The mob down the road are only up for the so called big games, otherwise it's actually a library? Let's just go, stop the moaning and help support our team?
Arsenal atmosphere has been class tbf this season

yes mate, it wont happen... The club / police / FA force it upon us to have a seat number... We have tried to push this.

this is why in the 7s and 80s the atmosphere was better, you just aid to go in a stand.
Yes, It's really useful to identify yobs who might for example lob stuff onto supporters below.

No having a go at you mate

Arsenal atmosphere has been class tbf this season

Have to agree.

They sounded loud against Newcastle.

Singing constantly throughout the match.

But their song catalogue is about 4 songs.

Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal. Allez, Allez, Allez. And another 2 songs that I can't remember.

They tend to make more of a noise and a din rather than actual singing songs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.