Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Acoustics, light show, ticket prices, tourists, not having one end, corporate seats plus many more. All lame excuses.

The reason the atmosphere is shite is quite simple. 3 sides of the stadium sit in complete silence every match.
Not true. South stand and east stand corner get most songs going between them. And what is between them is a biggest problem, away fans!

They aren't excuses. All of those have had a detrimental impact on the atmosphere inside the ground.

Who the f*ck wants to see a laser show with people waving their mobile phone lights in the air before the match?

That idea has come from so suit at City. What's wrong with the fans just chanting and singing as the players come out instead?

It's all contrived bollocks. The sh*t you see before a cup final at Wembley. We don't need that at City, but the club are determined to press on with it, to in their words, improve the 'match day experience'. Do me a f*cking favour!!!
Who are these imbeciles who 'curate' the 'match day experience'?, outside agencies or is it in-house?, it's beyond hideous and makes me want to puke, this, the subservience to Liverpool and the passive reaction to the bile from the media just leave me shaking my head at their ineptitude.

Not true. South stand and east stand corner get most songs going between them. And what is between them is a biggest problem, away fans!
Most noise will always be generated by the fans next to the away fans. At Maine Road the away fans were in the North Stand and that was our noisiest part of the ground. At the Etihad they were moved to the South Stand and again the noisiest fans followed them. It will always be the way.
The only atmosphere "problem" we've got is that three quarters of the ground sit on their hands and stay silent.
Thought it was really funny when Rodri tried to get some backing from the middle of the East Stand Level 1 after the second goal. Loads got up and cheered him then promptly sat back down and went back on mute

Well last night I can honestly say I've never heard so many different languages from people sat around me at the game, usual season ticket holders skint or unable to attend on a Thursday night, who knows and whilst it's fantastic we have all these new match going fans, they don't sing and spend most of the game filming it, whoever decided to make this game £70 in January is a complete wanker

Every time Spurs are in town, there is a large contingent of South Korean fans who follow Son Yun Min everywhere. He is like their David Beckham. They always seem to wangle pitch side tickets.

I think another big factor to getting any songs going is the really loud music before the game. You can't generate an atmosphere or get any songs going when you can't hear or see owt.

And as soon as the game gets going, it is complete silence, because the music has just drowned everyone out.

"Oh when the Spurs go marching in" was really loud and you could hear it all round the ground so nothing wrong with the acoustics.

This thread is just one monotonous whinge fest. I was at the game last night - so go on, tell me the atmosphere in the second half was shite? I think the majority who post in here don’t even go to the games. If they spent as much time supporting the team as they do moaning we would blow the roof of the Etihad at every game. Give it a rest FFS!

Obviously the atmosphere was good. It should be. We came from 2-0 down. It’s the first half that was shocking.

Our own manager is complaining about how poor it is, so it’s clearly an issue that needs to be sorted and discussed.

They aren't excuses. All of those have had a detrimental impact on the atmosphere inside the ground.

Who the f*ck wants to see a laser show with people waving their mobile phone lights in the air before the match?

That idea has come from so suit at City. What's wrong with the fans just chanting and singing as the players come out instead?

It's all contrived bollocks. The sh*t you see before a cup final at Wembley. We don't need that at City, but the club are determined to press on with it, to in their words, improve the 'match day experience'. Do me a f*cking favour!!!
Brilliant post.

Just to jump in a couple points

Most home fans are this quiet, especially the best teams that are expected to win. Watch Liverpool v any club outside the Top 4 and it's silent

West Ham is a morgue unless we play one of the big boys then its really loud till we're 2-0 down after 20 mins. It was this way at Upton Park days also.

Also, judging by the VAR thread - many fans are adamant that the officials/game is corrupt - I can't imagine how these fans can have much enjoyment going to watch football and want to participate in singing etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.