Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Obviously the atmosphere was good. It should be. We came from 2-0 down. It’s the first half that was shocking.

Our own manager is complaining about how poor it is, so it’s clearly an issue that needs to be sorted and discussed.
The atmosphere goes with the performance to be fair. The performance in that first half was slow, boring and in line with the recent games. Shock horror that the atmosphere was a bit shite, maybe the team need to take that responsibility.

Most noise will always be generated by the fans next to the away fans. At Maine Road the away fans were in the North Stand and that was our noisiest part of the ground. At the Etihad they were moved to the South Stand and again the noisiest fans followed them. It will always be the way.
The only atmosphere "problem" we've got is that three quarters of the ground sit on their hands and stay silent.
Thought it was really funny when Rodri tried to get some backing from the middle of the East Stand Level 1 after the second goal. Loads got up and cheered him then promptly sat back down and went back on mute
Yeah i noticed that as well. Guys next to me who were obviously on a day trip & had never been to a game before, were taking selfies mid-game ffs. They had obviously come from abroad and were trying to get some memories, but the best memories would surely be watching the game. There are a lot of the older lot who just want to come and watch the game and go home, no issues with that at all, but they should be sitting with people who have a similar opinion. If you want to chant or say anything, you feel like a cock because you're the only one doing it. But it will never change, and im sure its no different to a lot of the bigger teams grounds. The Anfield atmosphere for example, they sing ynwa a couple times but majority of the game sit there doing fuck all - the Kop included.

The atmospheres have been dying for years.....no shock........multitude of reasons and it isnt ever going to change ...just accept it for what it is now. Those who experienced the old days will never replicate that again.

Great memories but thats all.

The only solution ever is to bring back proper standing and pay on the gate. Never happening.

The atmosphere goes with the performance to be fair. The performance in that first half was slow, boring and in line with the recent games. Shock horror that the atmosphere was a bit shite, maybe the team need to take that responsibility.
In fairness i think Pep did allude to that as well. But he also said that he wants the fans to be critical of the players when they're playing shit, which i guess was about the booing which he (assuming) thought was correct.

Who are these imbeciles who 'curate' the 'match day experience'?, outside agencies or is it in-house?, it's beyond hideous and makes me want to puke, this, the subservience to Liverpool and the passive reaction to the bile from the media just leave me shaking my head at their ineptitude.
It was so much better before, you could cheer your team on and then boo the opposition

The turnaround affected the crowd and it went electric

Yeah i noticed that as well. Guys next to me who were obviously on a day trip & had never been to a game before, were taking selfies mid-game ffs. They had obviously come from abroad and were trying to get some memories, but the best memories would surely be watching the game. There are a lot of the older lot who just want to come and watch the game and go home, no issues with that at all, but they should be sitting with people who have a similar opinion. If you want to chant or say anything, you feel like a cock because you're the only one doing it. But it will never change, and im sure its no different to a lot of the bigger teams grounds. The Anfield atmosphere for example, they sing ynwa a couple times but majority of the game sit there doing fuck all - the Kop included.
I swear to God I've been going to City for 46 years and I've never taken, or even thought about taking, a photo during match.

I fact I'm lying. For some reason when Tevez went up to lift the FA Cup I got my camera out and videoed it. I regret it to this day because I don't have a proper memory of the first trophy we won in my lifetime. What a stupid idea it was and I still don't know why I did it.

The turnaround affected the crowd and it went electric
Absolutely, second half was superb. Both go hand in hand, we see players giving a shit and the crowd erupts. I think way too much is being made of the booing though, it was clearly just frustration at the performance and the ref and actually had an effect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.