Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Acoustics, light show, ticket prices, tourists, not having one end, corporate seats plus many more. All lame excuses.

The reason the atmosphere is shite is quite simple. 3 sides of the stadium sit in complete silence every match.
Absolute utter bollocks.

When Marez scored the goal to make it 3-2 he ran over to the east stand. Literally people were just stood about hardly even celebrating with there phones out. I watched it on tv with my lad as i couldn't afford to go, but we were going mental jumping about. Maybe we just have boring fans following us these days not sure. I ve said on here before i think people can't let themselves go without feeling a twat. Think everyone needs to get pissed at the next home game.

That will be a good song to get going (in irony) pal. No reason why it cant catch on and be sang in unison from all stands. Plus it will help restore a bit of our unique humour we were renowned for throughout the bad times.
I’ll certainly give it a go from the family stand pal. I think Pep gets us, and is as emotional as us, deffo wears his heart on his sleeve. Love the man (in a football kind of a way)

Acoustics, light show, ticket prices, tourists, not having one end, corporate seats plus many more. All lame excuses.

The reason the atmosphere is shite is quite simple. 3 sides of the stadium sit in complete silence every match.
Not true. Not everyone in )as an example) the family stand sits on their hands, just as by no means everyone in the south stand sings

When Marez scored the goal to make it 3-2 he ran over to the east stand. Literally people were just stood about hardly even celebrating with there phones out. I watched it on tv with my lad as i couldn't afford to go, but we were going mental jumping about. Maybe we just have boring fans following us these days not sure. I ve said on here before i think people can't let themselves go without feeling a twat. Think everyone needs to get pissed at the next home game.
Just before he scored someone shouted out some mild criticism towards Riyad, I'm sure he heard it. His response was great, but further up in 101 we were going mental and actually I noticed quite a few vocal fans lower down the block all game. You don't see it properly on telly.

I watched from my hospital bed here at Papworth, and just cringed. Mahrez obviously ran towards the couple of fans with the Algeria flag, but everyone else just stood with their phones out instead of celebrating …. I just don’t understand it.

There were a number of contributing problems last night:
It's tricky for some people to get to night games - The match was originally scheduled for a Saturday in September and I think the atmosphere would have been far better then.
The ticket prices reflected the original schedule.
It was bloody cold last night.
We managed just one attempt on target in the previous two matches and had been robbed v the rags.
Our current style of play includes some brilliant passing, but doesn't generate many edge of the seat moments; I'm not saying we should go all hoof and chase like the rags but we're watching a chess match much of the time rather than a swashbuckling sword fight. Fans react to what they see on the pitch, and I prefer that to the choreographed crap seen at Palace and some European grounds.
Final point - If you aren't in the ground you have no right criticising those who are. - Though I'll make an exception for criticising those who don't celebrate goals.

I’m gonna watch the game back on tele. But reflecting on the first half (from SSL1), I thought it was probably better than average.

Good booing when Loris had the ball. Jeering and pressuring the ref after tackles. Grealish and Mahrez both did great challenges that got us going. There wasn’t much to sing about but it was OK and definitely not our worst.

I also thought Spurs’ fans were very quiet and didn’t really offer anything for us to banter back.

Yes, we sang Follow (I’ve had a word with the lad who keeps starting it, but he’s got a loud voice and a mind of his own). We did sing some classics too that didn’t really catch on either.

I thought it was good that the players got boo’d off - showed passion.
Exactly. Atmosphere doesn’t always mean songs. It means noise and there was plenty especially given the fouls that Spurs were committing . It was by no means the worst but Pep was obviously riled by the booing.

Last edited:
Is the supporters club or any fan groups challenging these crazy ticket prices? luckily I have a cheapo season ticket but if not then no way would I afford £70, if nothing is said then they will just raise them up and up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.