Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Obviously there have been worse atmospheres over the seasons but in golf handicap terms, given the big team we were playing, must win game and the fact we came back from 2 nil down at half time to win, that was last night in my opinion the the worst atmosphere I have ever been to at a city game and I’ve been going since 89. It was a fucking joke and you know what I don’t blame the tourists I blame the club. If I went to a new york knicks game I’d probably show the same amount of passion as those tourist did last night. A 1/4 of the ground could hardly be arsed getting to their feet to celebrate the 3rd. The club need a drastic change of approach to a number of things at site starting with ticket prices. Season ticket for 30’years and after a great win last night all ive been thinking about is if I’m renewing next year for £900+ and I really don’t know.

What a load of bollox. Pre match light show killing the atmosphere!! There is never any atmosphere pre game because nobody comes into their seat until a few minutes before KO. Too busy scooping on the concourse. I think the light show is to try and get the fans in their seat and they always end the show with a City anthem to try and get the crowd going. The atmosphere pre-game has been dead for years until the team actually appear.

Pray tell who is the ‘proper’ supporter?? The days of take the family for a £5 are long gone, if they ever existed. £67 for last nights game? Get real. How many International players were on show last night? There were 2 World Cup winners on the field and a previous World Cup winner. Try getting into a concert for that.
Spot on mate

I agree with a lot of the things Pep came out with regards to the team. Not having any drive and going through the motions most of the season. Similar to what a lot have been saying on here for a few months. It's no coincidence the players who haven't got numerous titles like Ake and Rico are the ones who appear hungrier.

I'm disappointed with his comments about the fans because he is so out of touch with us. Last time I rememeber he said something detrimental about the fanbase he's there answering the questions in a load of overpriced Stone Island clobber. He probably regards £70 a ticket cheap.

Agree on the light display and all the shit they put on. Turned to the guy next to me last night and said that it's fucking cringeworthy and he was in agreement. Not really interested in the shite they have on in City Square either, although I'm sure Paul Lake was getting interviewed last night for which I'd probably have made an exception. Quite liked the old Fatboy Slim 'Right Here Right Now' being the only thing blaring out at Maine Road as they're about to come out the tunnel. All feels staged and false to me.
It's not the 80s or 90s young fans want more, light shows etc, that's how it is and to be fair if it's £70 city are trying to put on a show...

Not to worry mate, it'll be like visiting the pictures in a decade or two with nobody supporting a side in particular. Maybe vibrating chairs when an attack takes place and ice cream music battering over the tannoy system ;)

You had me at Ice Cream :)

The light show there was loads of empty seats at the start.
By the time it finished there was a fair amount in.
SS3 was good in the first half until the last 10 mins.
Brilliant the second half.
The acoustics do not help.
I have not heard SS1 all season and the East corner there is nothing coming over from there despite you can visually see they are singing.

It's not the 80s or 90s young fans want more, light shows etc, that's how it is and to be fair if it's £70 city are trying to put on a show...
So you're trying to justify the high prices because they put on a cheesy light show?

I'd argue that kids would be happier going more frequently than as a one off treat that it probably is designed to be now. The parents/grandparents would be more inclined to take them more regularly if tickets were all £20-30 quid cheaper than having the unneccassary and cringey 'entertainment'.

If the young fans want more than just the football I hope the FOCs hold on to their season tickets as long as possible.

Younger fans generally aren’t going to city games though. Our crowd is mainly made up of middle aged fans. Most younger people don’t want light shows either in my opinion.

Younger fans generally aren’t going to city games though. Our crowd is mainly made up of middle aged fans. Most younger people don’t want light shows either in my opinion.
Of course they are and they are the next generation, football is never going back to the 80's, we need the new stuff ie entertainment, lasers etc and a designated singing stand, best of both worlds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.