Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

How did the Arsenal fans cope with the acoustic and stadium design issues that supposedly prevent us creating an atmosphere in the south stand?, or did they prove its bollocks and has no impact at all if you can be arsed to get out of your seat and make some noise?
couldn't hear arsenal all night, only knew they made some noise when I got home and a mate said they were heard on telly.

the accoustics are shite, sound from one teir to another in the same stand doesn't travel if level 2 sing level 1 cannot hear it and visa versa.

better than blue plastic surely

I think that's debatable and down to what an individual's own interpretation of what a 'plastic' or 'armchair fan' is. There are many blues that are more emotionally invested in the club than some of the matchday support. There may be legitimate reasons why they don't attend games.... finances, living or working away etc.

My step-father now lives in Spain and was previously a season ticket holder at Maine Road and briefly when we moved to the new stadium. He goes to a bar with another ex-pat former season ticket holder over there and watches every minute of every single game regardless of the competition or opposition. Does that make him a better supporter than a season ticket holder who holds on to it just for the Utd/Liverpool games? or one that's that blasé about what's happening on the pitch they're only in their seat an hour or so a game?!!! In my eyes.... yes it does! 100%.

Last edited:
100% this. Apparently the club has been lobbied on stuff like this but it’s fallen on deaf ears. It HAS to be binned off. I wouldn’t put it past them to start blasting out music every time we score a goal.

The fast Blue Moon at kick off and the Glad All Over at the end - what the fuck are they thinking?

City Square is beyond parody.
City Square doesn’t bother me that much, beers, local upcoming bands and interviews with ex players. I know some don’t like it but I can’t really see what’s not to like.

Agree about the pre match stuff though, the light show and the dj sets are pretty embarrassing, some of the graphics displayed are a bit cringey too. What’s that finger one mean?!

No, not that one either, sorry.
Against Wolves was the worst yet for me. I got in 20 mins before with my daughter and the volume was seriously fucking my earing up. A load of nonsense. The match day experience is starting to grate the fuck out of me and it needs addressing quick!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.