Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

I was at a supporters club event with Danny Wilson and Roel de Vries, the COO for City Football Group, who is in charge of match day experience. He’s responsible for getting fans into the ground and he thought the light shows were a real success in giving us something different on Champions League nights. The success measure for him won’t be what people on Blue Moon think, rather it’ll be tickets sold, new members, the likelihood that they’ll regularly fill the new stand that will increase capacity by six thousand and the ability to grow around the stadium on the back of that. Against all those measures, the light shows are a roaring success and the general feedback he got from the floor was that people enjoyed them as well (not from me I should add). This was earlier in the season when they were a bit more of a novelty, but from the general tone of the conversation I’d say they won’t be going anywhere any time soon, in fact even more worrying, they were discussing viability of having more interactive experience pre-match like you’d see at a Coldplay concert (although he did say cost could be an issue

The way I see it we’ve gone from a council house to winning the lottery so there’s nothing wrong with a bit of bling.

But I do worry about the control freakery. The club needs to listen to fans about what produces atmosphere rather than manufacturing it and bolting it on top down. My kids haven’t even noticed the light show. And the fan thing they handed out to kids at the Chelsea cup game my eldest used to bang against the display on the back row of NS1, which I don’t think was what the club intended. They will make their own fun.

If you throw in the light show with the ticket I’ll take it with the price I’m paying. But if you ask me what will really get in young people and secure our support for the next fifty years it’s not going to be light shows, but affordable prices.

I was at a supporters club event with Danny Wilson and Roel de Vries, the COO for City Football Group, who is in charge of match day experience. He’s responsible for getting fans into the ground and he thought the light shows were a real success in giving us something different on Champions League nights. The success measure for him won’t be what people on Blue Moon think, rather it’ll be tickets sold, new members, the likelihood that they’ll regularly fill the new stand that will increase capacity by six thousand and the ability to grow around the stadium on the back of that. Against all those measures, the light shows are a roaring success and the general feedback he got from the floor was that people enjoyed them as well (not from me I should add). This was earlier in the season when they were a bit more of a novelty, but from the general tone of the conversation I’d say they won’t be going anywhere any time soon, in fact even more worrying, they were discussing viability of having more interactive experience pre-match like you’d see at a Coldplay concert (although he did say cost could be an issue).
If Danny was designing the Matchday experience around the views of Bluemooners, we’d either have about 10k in the ground or the Club would be going bust for all the £10 season cards that had been dished out.

My own view is that the laser show is there to mask the lack of atmosphere. I hardly ever see it because I only get to my seat a minute or two before kick off.

People have the choice to learn the songs and raise their voices during the 90+ minutes. Most don’t. Fair enough. That’s said, if it had been a Prem game last night there’s a fair chance they Blues around the ground would have given their full backing fir the lads.

Against Wolves was the worst yet for me. I got in 20 mins before with my daughter and the volume was seriously fucking my earing up. A load of nonsense. The match day experience is starting to grate the fuck out of me and it needs addressing quick!!
You shouldn't be wearing earrings at your age.

We cant match 8k away fans put in one block especially when we do that by moving out all the people in SS2 and SS3 who do generate noise and atmosphere. So using the North stand extension to create a way in which we can match that sort of way support is essential if we want to do so. The worry is that it will be used to create another corporate area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.