Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

They were complaining I was calling one of them a Fat bastard

Whinging candle lighting wankers
To be completely PC in this crazy snowflake world that we now live in, it's best to refer to an overweight person as being "CALORIFICALLY CHALLENGED".

THE FAT SCOUSE **** !!!!

Excellent today. Even my nemesis song, Follow Follow, spread round at times.
It could genuinely become a decent home song if we didn't sing it so fast. For some reason we sing it nice and slow in the pubs and the concourse, but in the actual ground it feels like I'm trying to rap along to Eminem.

Wasn't the biggest fan of the Fleetwood mac chant, best to leave it for aways I rekon. Apart from that it was absolutely fantastic

It could genuinely become a decent home song if we didn't sing it so fast. For some reason we sing it nice and slow in the pubs and the concourse, but in the actual ground it feels like I'm trying to rap along to Eminem.

Wasn't the biggest fan of the Fleetwood mac chant, best to leave it for aways I rekon. Apart from that it was absolutely fantastic
Yes. The Bernardo song was 100mph in the south stand too for some reason too. The Everywhere song is a mess at home. Overall the singing areas sang more of the popular songs and the rest of the ground joined in with more. It can get even better with a north stand extension because there were quite a few moments when 2 or even 3 songs were going at once which stops them spreading. Overall it was a cracking atmosphere which I think reflected in the players’ intensity.

Because genuinely only about 20/30% of the crowd know the words to the songs.
You’ve got so many first timers, dads who are Liverpool/arsenal etc fans who are taking their little one because they want to support city (honestly met quite a few of these, 4 dads of 4 different kids when my son was a mascot supported different teams)
Then there are people who just go to the game and watch and don’t want to sing.
Maybe we should organise a song sheet to be put on each seat before the game!
The new NS will need a bit of 'orchestration' to get the whole stand 'together' in the first few games to get the songs and atmosphere off to a flier.

Start off with just a hard core of slow paced easy to spread songs and chants and let it build from there.

The beat drum and trumpet should help !!

Because genuinely only about 20/30% of the crowd know the words to the songs.
You’ve got so many first timers, dads who are Liverpool/arsenal etc fans who are taking their little one because they want to support city
Just saw this. I think that’s a complete exaggeration. Only 20% of the crowd know the words to the songs? Today completely proved that wrong. As have plenty of other games.

You’re describing the Etihad as if it’s like anfield or old Trafford. The majority of our match going support is long standing.

I let my lads have the tickets today so didn't go but they said it was great. Mind you, you wouldn't know watching it on BT. They noticeably turned the noise down when we started to boo the crappy Premier Lg anthem at the beginning and never turned it back up. It was muted all game. Sad desperate wankers cant have it that there is a great atmosphere at the Etihad now and again can they?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.