Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Relocating next season. Cross between a library and a Year 6 class detention up in ES3. I’ve been to livelier wakes. Best football ever witnessed, and I’m getting shushed by folk with £100 worth of club-shop clobber, who wouldn’t know passion and suffering if it came up and carjacked their VW Tiguan. Gentrification, everywhere I look.

Awooo. Up the Blues.
Come to 315

Probably the best example of the season of us sabotaging our own atmosphere. There must be a few hundred south stand fans with hands swollen like balloons tonight. As I posted at half time, I guessed this would come when I heard the new “we’re the boys in blue” chant taking off at Fulham. Within a minute or two of the kick off the singing areas just clapped along to that one repeatedly , interspersed with the odd Follow Follow and Follow You everywhere. There was no, Blue Moon, no Best Team in the Land, no anthems . Nothing but a muffled wall of incessant clapping which just lead to the rest of the ground lapsing into silence.

Second half was better and on the few occasions an anthem was sung it spread around.

We are killing our own atmosphere with these clappy concourse songs at home games and they will kill the Wembley atmosphere too if we keep doing it there. The rest of the crowd are up for singing but in my opinion we should keep these songs for away matches, concourses or occasionally at home , not when the team needs lifting.

Very surprised at everyone moaning, yes it wasn't as good as arsenal but it was never going to be. I get that we're in a title running, but a home game against West Ham isn't exactly the most exciting.

There's been much much worse atmospheres than that this season.

The atmosphere was very hit and miss tonight. Second half better than first. The number of early leavers though was an absolute joke tonight. Must have been 20,000 people left before the end. Mad when only 5 games to go.

I’ve got a cracking picture. 10 minutes before the end of the match in one of the hospitality parts of the ground. I’ll post the picture tomorrow. And City want to put a hospitality section at the front of NSL2. Fuck offf!

They will all cry the loudest when he fucks off to Madrid eventually. I always stay until the players are long gone in the tunnel, I don't understand how an extra 10 minutes makes such a difference for people. I get it, it's a nightmare to get out of the area after, people need to wake up the next morning, me too, but it's a small sacrifice for me to witness the greatest team in the world. People travel from all around the world to watch Man City live. Too many people take this team for granted.
Im up for hours anyway after a game because I’m still running on adrenaline.

I just go to bed earlier the next night and catch up on my sleep, then I’m alright the day after.

not that bad, but Pep has misread it. There was a certain nervousness creeping in with some non believers. That accounted for a slightly less vocal atmosphere.

Haaland makes a point of clapping each corner off the stadium after the game. No other player has ever been so giving back to the crowd, so we always stay and clap the players off the pitch every game and still get home in the same amount of time as the traffic is moving. I just don't get why so many people can leave on 80 minutes ????

I tell you what. There’s a bloke in block 212 a few rows behind me (I’m row B, I reckon he’s D/E) and he never fucking shuts up. Not chanting, just shouting nonsense. No sentence without a “fucking” in the midst of it.

I love those around me who start chants, be supportive of the team and have constructive conversations but he just chats shite for 90 minutes without taking a breath. Doing me nut in!
Sorry mate

Probably the best example of the season of us sabotaging our own atmosphere. There must be a few hundred south stand fans with hands swollen like balloons tonight. As I posted at half time, I guessed this would come when I heard the new “we’re the boys in blue” chant taking off at Fulham. Within a minute or two of the kick off the singing areas just clapped along to that one repeatedly , interspersed with the odd Follow Follow and Follow You everywhere. There was no, Blue Moon, no Best Team in the Land, no anthems . Nothing but a muffled wall of incessant clapping which just lead to the rest of the ground lapsing into silence.

Second half was better and on the few occasions an anthem was sung it spread around.

We are killing our own atmosphere with these clappy concourse songs at home games and they will kill the Wembley atmosphere too if we keep doing it there. The rest of the crowd are up for singing but in my opinion we should keep these songs for away matches, concourses or occasionally at home , not when the team needs lifting.
You are banging your head against the wall with this one Dave. You are right but it’s falling on deaf ears. The best song that got everyone involved was Stand up for the Chanpions. Everyone knows the words, everyone knows to stand up. The whole crowd sing it. It is noisy and visual. It took until around the 70th minute for that one to make an appearance.

We are killing our own atmosphere with these clappy concourse songs at home games and they will kill the Wembley atmosphere too if we keep doing it there. The crowd are up for singing but keep these songs for away matches, concourses or occasionally at home , not when the team needs lifting.

Yeah my hands are. I love clapping along to chants, like thousands of others do in SSL1.

You’re re boring us to death Dave. You’ve spent all season going on about fucking clapping songs. Give it a rest! Or at least until next season.

The same clapping songs will happen against Leeds. Chelsea and Real Madrid. Get over them and move on. Do yourself and us a favour.

CLAP, CLAP, FUCKING, CLAP!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.