Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Well done to SSL3 who were all in the stand a good 15 minutes before kick off belting the songs out… I thought that really set the tone for the night as it got everyone going.

Loads around the ground in the stands early and loads stayed well past the end. There’s a much better feeling about the stadium when that happens.

Madrid’s turn out was pathetic for a club of their stature. Barely 1,000 of them.

A few too many tourists who didn’t have a clue what was going on or what the songs were and they kept out proper Blues who would have loved to have gone… but the rest of us made up for that, and some!

I love ‘Rhythm Is A Dancer’. Originally for Gabriel Jesus when he first signed for us but never really took off, but I prefer this version by a mile. For YEARS I’ve been saying we’re crying out for a new City song. I reckon it’s been 25 years since we came up with ‘TBTITLAATW’. This is about City, mentions our team name, not just in its entirety (‘we’re Manchester City’) but also mentions ‘we’re the Boys In Blue’, has good long-note shouty bits (the ‘WOOAAAH’s) that everyone can get onto around the ground, doesn’t mentions United or Liverpool… top banana!

Hopefully it’s a mainstay and from next season we can sing:
‘Ederson and Aki
Walker and Akanji
Ruben Dias, Johnny Stones
Best defence in Europe
We’re Manchester City
Won the Cup in Instanbul
WOOAAAH we’re the Boys in Blue
WOOAAAH, coming after you
WOOAAAH, 1…2…3…4…’

Top night that tonight.

Tourists to the left of me, suspect Real fans, tourists to the right who were going mental at every pass, goal and tried singing but obviously didn't know words.
I suspect a lot of them tourists will be back which I reckon may explain the odd ticketing policy, as already said shite for any regular blue who couldn't get a ticket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.