Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Tourists to the left of me, suspect Real fans, tourists to the right who were going mental at every pass, goal and tried singing but obviously didn't know words.
I suspect a lot of them tourists will be back which I reckon may explain the odd ticketing policy, as already said shite for any regular blue who couldn't get a ticket.
Always someone negative

Who cares about the thousands of long standing city fans who couldn’t get a ticket because of the clubs ticket policy.

One of our biggest games ever should have been full of city fans.

The atmosphere was pretty good as well btw, which it should be for a semi final, and of course tourists can come to the ground, but the clubs ticket policy was ridiculous.
It was full of City fans

Banging atmosphere tonight. Definitely did our bit. Being in the middle of it in ss1, It's hard to tell what the rest of the ground sounded like but it felt like the entire south stand and the kippax corner were all in unison throughout which made it sound a lot louder than usual and like the whole stadium joined in every song even though that's unlikely to be what happened. No pockets of competing songs like normal. Just everyone making noise as it should be.

I love ‘Rhythm Is A Dancer’. Originally for Gabriel Jesus when he first signed for us but never really took off.
One of mine that, and one of my favourites. got it going on the away concourses a few times but never really took off properly. Always considered it more of a coach song than a stadium one. Had considered repurposing it for haaland this season but just glad the tune is being used to a song now, its an all time classic. Sadly, I don't think the song will be around for a long time though, easy enough to change Istanbul line next year but soon as a player or two mentioned in it leaves its done.

That's the problem with the multi-player songs They have a short shelf life. "Weve got the best football team in the world" song will go the same way too. We had the best midfield version when it was "Yaya and silva, Navas and milner, nasri and fernandinhoooo" then it disappeared soon as nasri and milner left. Then there was the Argentinian blues song that last a season of being sung every 20 minutes. the "ederson, stones and otamendi, Kyle walker, kompany and Mendy, Fabian delph, playing guardiolas way" all top tunes that have to die early.

Atmosphere was fantastic. Disappointed for those that missed out on the opportunity to be there. Started losing my voice after about 20 mins and genuinely think I'm more fatigued than the players.

Refreshing to see the stadium packed at the end. This team deserves that. Actually got a bit choked up when the 4th went in. Nobody humiliates Madrid like that. For all the shit we get about being 'plastic' the fact of the matter is it's very hard to beat the 'Emptyhad' when we're on it. What a fucking club!
I actually got a bit of dust in my eye when that 4th went in. Totally unexpected for what was, in effect, a meaningless goal. I was struggling to comprehend it but you've hit the nail on the head with "nobody humiliates Madrid like that". Well we just fucking did! I hope I remember this night on my deathbed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.